A funny KINDLE story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard King

Puritan Board Senior
I didn't know where to post this but it is just a funny look at how unreliable "robots" still are.

The Kindle 2 features a computer voice that will read copy to you. It is not a pretty voice, just a robotic computer voice that somehow turns the copy into a nearly human sound BUT...

I found out from someone who has bad vision and who listens to Laura Engles Wilder books on her Kindle that the name Pa is pronounced just as it should be unless it is followed by a period.
In that case it is pronounced - Pennsylvania.
So a sentence that says "Good Night Pa."
Actually is read by the computer as "Good Night Pennsylvania.
and to make it even funnier there is a spot that says...
Good night Pennsylvania and it is answered by... Good Night Massachusetts.

(Because Ma followed by a period has the same problem)

I didn't know where to post this but it is just a funny look at how unreliable "robots" still are.

The Kindle 2 features a computer voice that will read copy to you. It is not a pretty voice, just a robotic computer voice that somehow turns the copy into a nearly human sound BUT...

I found out from someone who has bad vision and who listens to Laura Engles Wilder books on her Kindle that the name Pa is pronounced just as it should be unless it is followed by a period.
In that case it is pronounced - Pennsylvania.
So a sentence that says "Good Night Pa."
Actually is read by the computer as "Good Night Pennsylvania.
and to make it even funnier there is a spot that says...
Good night Pennsylvania and it is answered by... Good Night Massachusetts.

(Because Ma followed by a period has the same problem)

The Kindle 2 is obviously a Yankee.

Theognome

LOL! That's funny. When my Kindle reads the Bible it states very number!!! It is really distractive. It puts periods in where they aren't etc. The audio on it needs much improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back