A Song That Should Move You To Worship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archlute

Puritan Board Senior
Last night I was browsing some old Petra tunes on You Tube (yes, I even attended a concert back in the day), and was struck once again by the power of these lyrics. Thinking about the glory of our Christ, and the unstoppable power of his overcoming love that he displayed on our behalf, brought tears to my eyes. Enjoy.

[video=youtube;jy4JA5uStB0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy4JA5uStB0[/video]

High-fives, brother! They just don't make power ballads like they used to in CCM.

Too bad the band retired a few years back, but they were getting pretty old. It sounds like they ended well.

Petra was the first *Christian* concert I ever attended. I think it was the Colors tour...they were all in camo and boots. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Ivan, didn't you and Sebastian used to get together at the local pub once in a while? What type of guy was he?

He was a gentleman.

-----Added 11/29/2009 at 09:20:59 EST-----

but.... :rofl: .... good one!

Brother, I'm not saying you're old...just a wee bit seasoned.

I can be a bit spicy.

:lol: Not a Petra fan, I take it?

Hmmm...not really. My taste runs along the lines of Bach.

Bach is great, but so are Benjamin Britten, Hans Werner Henze, and The Cars, so you might find me to be a bit of a musical rebel in that regard :)

Hmmm...how 'bout AC/DC?

I prefer this "Creed" song

[video=youtube;5Tpq4MoRVV4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tpq4MoRVV4[/video]

It is a great song, No Doubt. :lol:

And, Schlitt is a great guy.

I was listening to his testimony after you mentioned this, and hadn't known that he had been the lead singer in another band (Head East) before his conversion. I went back and listened to a number of their tunes, and in the comments boxes noticed quite a few comments mention that he had one of the greatest voices of any rock/metal frontman in the 70s-80s. His voice was pretty amazing back in those clips as well, and it's great to see how he was able to continue using it to God's glory after he thought his days as a singer were finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back