Augustin Marlorat on 1 Cor 11:16? Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
Okay scholars; if there is a reference to Augustin Marlorat's exposition of 1 Cor. 11:16 would that most likely be to his main work, Novi Testamenti Catholica expositio ecclesiastica or did he have a separate work on 1 Corinthians? :think:
I haven't found any reference to the later so am suspecting the former; but I could not find Novi Testamenti Catholica expositio ecclesiastica online.

Of Novi Testamenti, at least six holding institutions:
US,IL CENTER FOR RES LIBR CRL
US,MA HARVARD UNIV, DIVINITY SCH LIBR BHA
US,MA HARVARD UNIV, HOUGHTON LIBR HHG
US,ME COLBY COL CBY
US,PA REFORMED PRESBYTERIAN THEOL SEMINARY PRP
US,PA WESTMINSTER THEOL SEMINARY WTS

WorldCat entries are obscured by his association with Calvin's Institutes, but I do find the following titles under his name, albeit with no scholarly attempt to translate or understand the titles and their content:

Thesaurus sacrae Scripturae propheticae et apostolicae. In locos communes rerum, dogmatum, suis exemplis illustratorum, et Phraseôn Scripturae familiarium, ordine alphabetico digestus /

A treatise of the sin against the holy ghost made by M. Augustine Marlorate. Translated out of French to the great consolation of all such as repent them of their sinnes, and to the astonying of of [sic] those that mock and despise the gospell of our Lord Jesus Christ.

A catholike and ecclesiasticall exposition of the Holy Gospel after S. Marke and Luke.

Genesis cum catholica expositione ecclesiastica, id est ex uniuersis probatis theologis excerpta, a quodam verbi Dei ministro, diu multumque in theologia versato [Augustino Marlorato]. Sive, bibliotheca expostionum Genesews ... In hac postrema editione singulorum authorum sententiae per sectiones distinguuntur ...

A catholike exposition vpon the Reuelation of Sainct Iohn

Esaiae Prophetia, cum catholica expositione Ecclesiastica, qvam Avgvstinvs Marloratus, Verbi Dei minister in sacris literis exercitatissimus, ex theologis omnium huius seculi præstantissimis excerpsit, suúmque in eam symbolum contulit /

Propheticae, et apostolicae, id est, totius diuinae ac canonicae Scripturae, thesaurus, in locos commvnes rervm, dogmatvm svis divinis exemplis illvstratorvm, et phraseon Scriptvrae familiarium, ordine alphabetico digestus. Ex Avgvstini Marlorati adversariis a Gviliel. Fevgvereio in dodicem relatvs.

A catholike and ecclesiasticall exposition vppon the two last Epistles of Iohn. Collected out ot the workes of the best writers.

Thanks Wayne; I suspect the Novi Testamenti is what I need but didn't want to go that way if there was some individual commentary I had not discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back