Basic Eschatology Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott1

Puritanboard Commissioner
To complement other threads on this topic, it might be helpful to guage the basic eschatological positions of Puritan Board members.

Boettnerian Post-Millennial, appreciative of to but not persuaded by the reasoning behind the amillennial and historic premillennial positions. Convinced if you've read all the Left Behind books, you've suffered enough and won't go through the Tribulation.

Partial Preterist for sure, still deciding between Optimistic Amil and Postmil. One thing I know for sure, Dispensational Premil is out.

Partial-Preterist "Symbolic Millennium" Post-Millennailist

What does ""Symbolic Millennium" Post-Millennailist" mean?

I am Partial-Preterist and believe that the earth is gradually filled
with the knowledge of His glory as the waters cover the sea (through dominion and taking every thought captive). I guess it is a progressive idealism. I think we are currently in the millennium but it will reach a fullness before the return of Christ. Does that make me a Symbolic Millenialist Post-Millennialist? :)

There seem to be so many new terms these days, I'm getting awfully confused. I think I'm a classic premillenialist, or is it called historic premillenialist? I still can't blow away the entire scriptures about the lion and lamb together. However, dispensational premillenialism is the biggest false belief in Christendom today. Christians will endure the horrors of the Great Tribulation.

Can someone explain to me what the Puritans actually believed in their eschatology? Someone mentioned 'classic postmillenialism'. Please explain. I spoke to some people in my church and they actually believe the gospel will be spread further and things will get better, then Jesus returns. I can't figure out where in the Bible they find this, sounds absurd to me.

strict amillennialist.

technically,I do not believe in a millennium as such.
We are already reigning with Christ because satan was bound by Christ through the Atonement.

I believe in the millennial reign as real but not on earth.
It is in heaven,and as such,Christ reigns now in heaven,and therefore we reign now with him.

Although we live in the here and now,we are in reality reigning with Christ,an asurrance that our salvation is complete.

'the fat lady has sang, and she is currently finishing the song by holding on to the last note'

cheers

R

Partial Preterist - The immediate historical context of the Olivet Discourse and the book of Revelation was the anticipation of the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70

Post Millennial - The Gospel of Jesus Christ will go forth and transform individuals, families, churches and nations until the whole earth is filled with the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea

Historicist - Although the immediate historical context of Revelation was the anticipation of the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70, there are elements of "double-fulfillment" which point beyond A.D. 70 to the rise of Romanism and its ultimate overthrow by the Lord Jesus Christ.

Classic/historic premillennialism (both terms are used). Historically, we were there first.

Historic premils, by the way, can hold their liquor better than those of other views...:lol:

Partial Preterist - The immediate historical context of the Olivet Discourse and the book of Revelation was the anticipation of the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70

Post Millennial - The Gospel of Jesus Christ will go forth and transform individuals, families, churches and nations until the whole earth is filled with the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea

Historicist - Although the immediate historical context of Revelation was the anticipation of the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70, there are elements of "double-fulfillment" which point beyond A.D. 70 to the rise of Romanism and its ultimate overthrow by the Lord Jesus Christ.

:agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back