Best Reformed, Experiential Preachers Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justified

Puritan Board Sophomore
Who do you guys think are the best Reformed, experiential preachers today? I'm not asking who the best preachers in general are.

I've listened to and benefitted from Joel Beeke, but do not know many besides him.

Can't wait to hear what you guys have to say.

Tyler, thanks. I actually think I have listened to each of them at least once and remember enjoying thoroughly their preaching. I'll take a look (or a listen rather).

Patrick, thanks for the link. Alexander seems interesting to me. In fact I heard someone else mention him earlier today.

It might be a good idea to seek out ministers from denominations that emphasize experiential preaching. Here is a list of churches with recommended preachers:

Heritage Reformed Congregations [Joel Beeke]
Free Reformed Churches of North America [David Murray]
Free Church of Scotland (Continuing) [Robert McCurley, Gavin Beers]
Presbyterian Reformed Church [Michael Ives]
Reformed Presbyterian Church of Scotland [Kenneth Stewart]
Free Presbyterian Church of Scotland [Sadly, I'm not too familiar with their preachers]
Free Presbyterian Church of North America/Ulster [Alan Cairnes, John Greer]

Obviously, there are good experimental preachers in other denominations as well, but churches such as the ones above make it a priority denomination-wide.

Last edited:
It might be a good idea to seek out ministers from denominations that emphasize experiential preaching. Here is a list of churches with recommended preachers:
Heritage Reformed Congregations
Free Reformed Churches of North America [Joel Beeke]
Free Presbyterian Church of Scotland [Sadly, I'm not too familiar with their preachers]

Obviously, there are good experimental preachers in other denominations as well, but churches such as the ones above make it a priority denomination-wide.

This list is very helpful, as I am trying to grow as an experiential preacher.

Thanks, brother! Hope to see you at the Reformation conference on the 21st.

Heritage Reformed Congregations
Free Reformed Churches of North America [Joel Beeke]

This list is very helpful, as I am trying to grow as an experiential preacher.

Thanks, brother! Hope to see you at the Reformation conference on the 21st.

I'm glad you found it useful! I'm going to try to come to the Friday evening and Saturday morning sessions. Hopefully my brother will be coming, too.

I'll second Rev. Kenneth Stewart and Rev. Gavin Beers as well. Wonderful preachers who truly bring the full Force of the Word to our lives.

Others that I have been blessed by:

Vernon Higham of Cardiff Tabernacle(who recently went to be with the Lord) (http://www.wvhigham.org/r-nav/1.jsp)

Rev. William Macleod and Maurice Roberts of the Free Church Continuing

Just started listening to these men about a week ago:
Jerrold H. Lewis and John Procee of the FRNCA

Also David Lipsy and Bartel Elshout of the Heritage Reformed Churches.

I am not quite sure what is meant by "experiential" although I do like "experimental" preachers.

He hasn't been mentioned, but I would like to say that David Silversides of the Reformed Presbyterian Church of Ireland is someone to consider as well.

This may be a really dumb question, but here goes anyway (I hope I'm not derailing the thread!):

Are there any Baptist pastors whom y'all would classify as experimental/experiental preachers? If so, who?

This may be a really dumb question, but here goes anyway (I hope I'm not derailing the thread!):

Are there any Baptist pastors whom y'all would classify as experimental/experiental preachers? If so, who?

I haven't heard much of him, but I would classify the already listed Malcolm Watts as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back