Best Resources on Typology

Discussion in 'Covenant Theology' started by Parakaleo, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parakaleo

Parakaleo Puritan Board Freshman

Dear friends, I am gathering resources for a new Sabbath school series on typology. Several new families have joined our church coming from non-covenantal backgrounds, and I thought a ten-week study on types of Christ in the Old Testament would be an excellent way to introduce them to some concepts of covenant theology. It's basically going to be a redemptive-historical survey of the OT.

Right now, I have in mind a few books and I've got copious notes from seminary classes. I was wondering, however, if anyone has come across a really good, beginner-level book or series that I could use in preparing these lessons? Thanks very much.

2. Taylor Sexton

Taylor Sexton Puritan Board Freshman

I haven't read all of it yet, but I know à Brakel deals with typology at the end of his The Christian's Reasonable Service. He gives good definitions of what is and is not a type, for example.

3. Parakaleo

Parakaleo Puritan Board Freshman

Thanks! I really like this suggestion because I have those volumes on my shelf right now and I'm still working through the first one. Really appreciate that.

4. arapahoepark

arapahoepark Puritan Board Senior

The Typology of Scripture by Fairbairn.

5. lynnie

lynnie Puritan Board Senior

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.