Can post-op "transgender" men be saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VerticalLiftEnjoyer

Puritan Board Freshman
By this I do not wish to debate whether they've been given over and as such are a lost cause, but whether God wishes to save them at all.

I was thinking about this, and I automatically, "ah, but He saved Paul and many other murderers, I am sure He will have mercy even on depraved men like that", but I thought to myself: "would He?"

God forbids them in Deut. 23:1, but He also forbids me in the next verse; but I'd still like to get confirmation and make sure this is not presumption on my end.

As to Deut. 23:1 - consider Acts 8 and the Ethiopian eunuch.

Acts 8:39 - And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

If I am not mistaken, God doesn't save in time. The elect are predestined before the foundations of the world, and God "calls" the elect at his discretion. Before we have done bad or good. God predestined Paul before the earth was formed. God called Paul after he was a murderer and persecutor of the church. In his decretive wisdom, he decides when to draw; and it is up to him what he allows before and after faith. No act determines predestination, because no merit can earn salvation. God chooses, and God justifies. And who shall bring any charge against Gods elect?

So it isnt a question of "would he?" But a question of "has he?" And if he has, nothing is so offensive that God will not ultimately get the glory. I mean if we think about it, is castration worse than murder; or self-mutilation more severe than another mans life?

Last edited:
Deuteronomy 29.29 cf. John 6.37 cf. Hebrews 7.25

The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

cf.

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

cf.

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

There are people who at one time went under voluntary body-modification/mutilation--it's safe to say no one should ever do so or be encouraged to it--who today bear witness of the saving grace of Christ. There are testimonies published on the internet.

Yoo-toob may take them down, and other entities seek to silence and disappear such persons, but that's to be expected when the world wants to defend its idolatry.

Acts 8:39 - And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

And let me add this prophecy of the New Covenant:

Is.56:3-5
3 Do not let the son of the foreigner
Who has joined himself to the Lord
Speak, saying,
“The Lord has utterly separated me from His people”;
Nor let the eunuch say,
“Here I am, a dry tree.”
4 For thus says the Lord:
“To the eunuchs who keep My Sabbaths,
And choose what pleases Me,
And hold fast My covenant,
5 Even to them I will give in My house
And within My walls a place and a name
Better than that of sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name
That shall not be cut off.

And let me add this prophecy of the New Covenant:

Is.56:3-5
3 Do not let the son of the foreigner
Who has joined himself to the Lord
Speak, saying,
“The Lord has utterly separated me from His people”;
Nor let the eunuch say,
“Here I am, a dry tree.”
4 For thus says the Lord:
“To the eunuchs who keep My Sabbaths,
And choose what pleases Me,
And hold fast My covenant,
5 Even to them I will give in My house
And within My walls a place and a name
Better than that of sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name
That shall not be cut off.

Yes! Which, I believe, is a prime reason the Holy Spirit gives us a specific example of this in Acts 8:39. It's Heb. 8:11, 12, 13 in action.

Last edited:
Yes! Which, I believe, is a prime reason the Holy Spirit gives us a specific example of this in Acts 8:39.
Also notice the language of "cutting off" in Isaiah 56, as well as in Isaiah 53, referring to how Christ was "bruised"(or crushed), and "cut off" from the land of the living.

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Isaiah 55:3 KJV

He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. Isaiah 53:8 KJV

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree. Galatians 3:13 KJV

Last edited:

Can a person be a eunuch who has just abstained from women and intercourse? Or is a eunuch solely someone castrated?

From literal word app (NASBU)

View attachment 10649
Act.8:27 describes the Ethiopian as a government official, someone holding "high office," "...behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem...."

He fits best the gloss or use of the term that is mentioned second in the excerpt from your lexicon of choice. There is no reason in the text itself to suppose the metaphorical meaning is intended or preferred.

It has been suggested that the term "eunuch" passed at some point from being a literal description of all or the typical official of this rank, to a more general term that was applied to any high ranking official regardless of whether he was "fixed." To this it may be replied: the term became a description of such a person because it was common for these men to be made so as a precondition for service. Why then should any with this title be assumed not to have been emasculated in the flesh? We should assume they were, unless given some reason to make an exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back