Christian life: Interactive or Transactional faith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stope

Puritan Board Sophomore
Often times in my Christian life I have felt that the extent of my life in Christ is nothing but a "transactional relationship" where I mentally adhere to his saving me and I "give" him my life and he gives me life.

Still other times, like as of late, I feel that I have more of an "Interactive" faith. That is to say, as Im spending much more time in prayer and contemplation in Scripture, and seeking to "listen" to the Spirit, etc. I am really blessed as my being in Christ seems now beyond the transactional relationship, but is now much more interactive. By Interactive Im not sure how to explain it, maybe just as simple as saying I "feel" and have a sense of the love and direction and the reality of God in my day to day life (and not only in the history of mankind from 2000 years ago).

Does this resound with any of you saints?

The 'transactional' you speak of is the foundation of every 'interactive' moment you enjoy. Do not begin to think of them on two different levels so much as think of them as both under the umbrella of God's providential dealings with you. Encouraging seasons are a treasure; they may last short or long; but whether they come and go it matters not for we know we are his.

It is a trick when someone says the interaction is more real than the transaction.

EDIT - I typed this originally on my phone as I was walking to a meeting; I read it now and wanted to apologize if it came across as teach or preachy. Those were my initial thoughts; I stand by them but also realize the tone might not match the question you asked. Let me answer better!

I can resonate very much with your statement. I have had my share of both seasons; lately much more 'transactional' as you might say it. But as I indicated above I have learned that God presides over and ordains all seasons of life; and that has given me a more steady focus during the 'interactive seasons' and a more persistent hope in the 'transactional seasons'. If you are enjoying the time you are in with the Lord; do not fear or it's end, nor strive to maintain it by more than ordinary means; simply enjoy it and reflect on the grace that will be yours when Christ returns, not to mention the transaction from which all blessings flow! I rejoice with you in your gladness :) and I hope to be renewed again to such a daily walk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back