Current state of Lutheranism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Puritan Board Graduate
Carl Braaten is influential in Lutheran circles. Here is an open letter to his bishop on the state of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (the largest). Note the general dissolution of the ECLA and the number of influential Lutherans who have converted to RC or EO.

Why did all those guys who left the ELCA need to go to Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodox?

What's wrong with Baptist or Presbyterian?

Originally posted by Rick Larson
Why did all those guys who left the ELCA need to go to Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodox?

for that matter, Missouri Synod in the Lutheran church? I actually attended one while in college (there were no reformed/Presbyterian ones in town) and found worship there to be God centered and biblical (as far as Lutheranism goes)

Originally posted by crhoades
Originally posted by Rick Larson

for that matter, Missouri Synod in the Lutheran church? I actually attended one while in college (there were no reformed/Presbyterian ones in town) and found worship there to be God centered and biblical (as far as Lutheranism goes)

Wisconsin Synod is pretty strait-laced also.

I "sort of" grew in the Missouri Synod Lutheran Church (MSLC). My folks attended "off and on" and then divorced. Latter I attended in H.S. and my freshman year in College. There are some very fervernt MSLC folks and on the whole their worship is "God Centered and Biblical as Chris observes. I have experienced Lutheran clergy tend to pretty aloof from other Reformed folk and not really willing to discuss the richness of our common heritage, etc. - but this could just be my limited experience.

If I wasn't so convicted about the RPW, I would likely attend a local LCMS church rather than drive an hour and fifteen minutes to mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back