Evangelical Covenant Church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their seminary is North Park in Chicago.
They are like the EFCA except that they are eglitarian (pro-women as pastors, etc). By and large they are very dispensational.

Originally posted by SolaScriptura
Their seminary is North Park in Chicago.
They are like the EFCA except that they are eglitarian (pro-women as pastors, etc). By and large they are very dispensational.

Uh, oh...doesn't sound good.

After viewing their site, I would say no. On their home page, they describe themselves thus:

The Evangelical Covenant Church is a rapidly growing multi-ethnic denomination of more than 750 congregations in the United States and Canada with ministries on five continents of the world. Founded in 1885 by Swedish Immigrants, the ECC values the Bible as the Word of God, the gift of God's grace and ever-deepening spiritual life that comes through faith in Jesus Christ, the importance of extending God's love and compassion to a hurting world, and the strength that comes from unity within diversity.

Their statements of faith can be seen here.

Thanks, but no thanks...what are some denominations other than Presbyterian that are Reformed? I mean other than the obvious, like the CRC or Reformed Baptists.

[Edited on 2-4-2005 by Ivan]

You won't find many denominations, per se, beyond the Presbyterian and Reformed ones. You'll probably have to find a good church of another denomination.

[Edited on 4-2-2005 by SolaScriptura]

As far as I know, everything basically falls into one of the many denominations in either the Presbyterian or Dutch Reformed camps. Other than those two main categories, there doesn't seem to be much except small micro-denominations or non-denominational "families of churches" such as Sovereign Grace Ministries.

Originally posted by Me Died Blue
As far as I know, everything basically falls into one of the many denominations in either the Presbyterian or Dutch Reformed camps. Other than those two main categories, there doesn't seem to be much except small micro-denominations or non-denominational "families of churches" such as Sovereign Grace Ministries.

Thanks, Chris. The problem for me is that it is a VERY long drive to the "appropriate" church. What to do?

Everything is at least a half hour away and although that doesn't sound like much, my finances are very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back