Exclusive Psalmody - Thoroughly Stated and Defended

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick

Puritan Board Freshman
I wanted to share a set of sermons I've been working my way through. I think you will find this set of sermons very helpful whether you are new to EP, have questions about it, or are a seasoned psalms-only singer. You will probably be tempted to jump right to the objections - which they are refuted very clearly - I would advise you go through them all. Rev. Ruddell goes through all of the instances of music in the Bible.

• The Regulative Principle of Worship: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
  • Exclusive Psalmody: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10
  • Exclusive Psalmody Objections: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
  • Instrumental Music: 1 - 2

You will have clocked in about 20 hours of teaching by the end of them.

Thanks for sharing. I'm in the process of transferring membership from the OPC to the RPCNA.

There are quite a few RPCNAers here, so you'll be in good company. The first person I ever heard about psalmody from is now involved in a RPCNA plant in Dallas. He has a hip PB name, but I don't know it. :) Real name is Rom. I'm glad he and some others had patience with me as I presented every objection I could think of over the course of a few months.

I have never seen, or heard the words "Rom" and "hip" put together before. :lol:
Nick and Andrew are far too kind!

I made the mistake of jumping into the middle of this series a couple of weeks ago and I was confused on how he was interpreting I Corinthians 14. I may consider looking at these again though. It's just a big time investment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back