Help with Ecclesiology essay. Need a pastor, or elders view on two subjects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl Le Roux

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi all,

I am in my first year of seminary and one of my modules require help from outside my home church. I thought the PB would be the best place to ask. I have PM'd a few of the pastors, or elders the forum has to offer, but have not received anything from them. I thought I would try my luck here.

With it being first year, it is nothing taxing that needs to be done on your part. Taken from the assignment:

"...asking their views on the best form of church government and the role of women in ministry. Then present your own views on the same issues, interacting appropriately with Scripture, their views, and the assigned readings."

Would anyone be able to help me out? It requires the writings to be 250 words on each subject, making it 500 words in total.

I look forward to your replies.

Yours in Christ,
Darryl

Well, Darryl, to get you started I am persuaded that the best form of church government is that called "rule by elder" and that women are precluded from public ministries such as teaching, preaching, and ruling.

Care to elaborate that into, I don't know, say 500 words? ;)

That being said, my views are 100% in line with yours, and the vast majority of the PB.

Thank you for your reply Bob, I really do appreciate it.

There are many excellent resources available for you. One such is a new one on Church Polity edited by Mark Dever.

I thank you for your recommendation Bob. However, I need to write the views of someone I have personally asked and not that of a published work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back