I just spanked my four-year-old...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolaScriptura

Puritanboard Brimstone
... for praying out loud that God would send someone to beat up my 6-year-old (his sister) because she wouldn't get off her scooter and let him have it the moment he wanted it.

Evidently cursing sometimes returns upon one's own head....

I would have done the same thing (spank him). That being said, one could argue that he was just being faithful to the Scriptures.... "vengeance is mine, saith the Lord." ;)

... for praying out loud that God would send someone to beat up my 6-year-old (his sister) because she wouldn't get off her scooter and let him have it the moment he wanted it.

Awww! Well I guess he won't do that again. :)

I know I shouldn't laugh because it really does reveal the folly we're commanded to drive from our children's hearts but it is kind of funny. It reminds me of something I heard once that I think is very true and applies in this case: Sin is very cute at times in little kids but, if not dealt with, is not cute at all when they become teenages.

Good job brother.

My son is actually learning from us. I was recently fuming at something my wife had said to me in the car and was visibly angry. Let's just say the reason I was angry was not sanctified and I had some repenting to do. Anyhow, James announces from the back seat: "Daddy, that's sin in your heart."

Phew. Cut to the heart man! I repented to the whole family right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back