John Stevenson Bible Study Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

blhowes

Puritan Board Professor
I came across a very good website called John Stevenson Bible Study Page and thought I'd pass it along in case you've never been there. Excellent content!

He has some excellent high-level summaries of each book in the Bible, with timelines, major emphases, etc.

I especially like his Powerpoints of church history. They give you a good glimpse of who did what when, what the issues were, etc.

John Huss: "It is thus that you silence the goose, but a hundred years hence there shall arise a swan whose singing you shall not be able to silence"

Hudson Taylor: "If I had a thousand pounds China should have it - if I had a thousand lives, China should have them. No! Not China, but Christ. Can we do too much for Him? Can we do enough for such a precious Savior?"

Polycarp: Eighty-six years have I been His servant, and he hath done me no wrong. How then can I blaspheme my King who saved me?

Luther: "I am bound by the Scriptures I have quoted and my conscience is bound to the word of God. It is neither safe nor honest to act against one's conscience. Here I stand. God help me. I cannot do otherwise"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back