Need Colossians Commentaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

FenderPriest

Puritan Board Junior
Hello folks!

I hope you're doing well. I'm looking to get some commentaries for a preaching series I'm going to so for our church plant. I was wondering if you guys might have any of these, and would be willing to sell them for cheap or give them away? We're a young, small church plant and on a very slim budget. Thanks for any help you can provide!

• Word Biblical Commentary Vol. 44, Colossians-Phi​lemon by Peter T. O'Brien
  • The Epistles to the Colossians, to Philemon, and to the Ephesians (The New International Commentary on the New Testament) by F. F. Bruce
  • The Epistles to the Colossians and to Philemon (The New International Greek Testament Commentary) by James D. G. Dunn
  • Colossians and Philemon (Tyndale New Testament Commentaries (IVP Numbered)) by N. T. Wright
  • Colossians and Philemon (Exegetical Guide to the Greek New Testament) by Murray J. Harris

Hughes, R. Kent. Colossians and Philemon: The Supremacy of Christ. Preaching the Word Commentary. Wheaton: Crossway, 1989. PD

Wright, N. T. The Epistles of Paul to the Colossians and to Philemon. Tyndale New Test. Commentary. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2007. TP

Garland, David. Colossians, Philemon. NIV Application Commentary . Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1998. PD

Moo, Douglas J. The Letters to the Colossians and to Philemon. PNTC. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2008. PD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jacob,

I'd suggest (if none of the PB brethren are able to help) that you check out Amazon's used book market or Abebooks. Both sites have used hard copies of books at reasonable (read: often dirt cheap) prices.

Also, I'd advise you that the Philippians volume in the NAC series is poor. You'd do better just using the dead guys than relying on it. I know it's not on your list but it can be had inexpensively. Don't waste your time/money.

Philippians is a wonderful text to preach and will bless your people as it shows them that the Christian life isn't a Hallmark card but a holy dependence upon the risen Christ.

Grace to you.

Hi Jacob,

I'd suggest (if none of the PB brethren are able to help) that you check out Amazon's used book market or Abebooks. Both sites have used hard copies of books at reasonable (read: often dirt cheap) prices.

Also, I'd advise you that the Philippians volume in the NAC series is poor. You'd do better just using the dead guys than relying on it. I know it's not on your list but it can be had inexpensively. Don't waste your time/money.

Philippians is a wonderful text to preach and will bless your people as it shows them that the Christian life isn't a Hallmark card but a holy dependence upon the risen Christ.

Grace to you.

Reagan,

Thank you brother! Very helpful thoughts here. Regarding the NAC commentary, that's my assessment as well. It was actually given to me as a gift a number of years ago. After a quick scan I picked up that the helpful bits are sparse, hence the need for these other guys.

Thanks again for your encouragement. We're in an area where Gospel preaching, and Gospel-built churches are few and far between, but it's been amazing to see how God has continued to seek and save the lost through our efforts here. If you know anybody who's interested in supporting church planting in New England, let me know!

~J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back