New Default Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
I've changed the default theme for the PuritanBoard to the Metro Fluid theme. It is a modern, responsive theme. I realize some might like the old themes (and they're still available) but I've added variants of the Metro theme in different color combinations for a more modern look and feel. If you want it to be responsive then choose the Fluid theme, otherwise select the Metro variant without the fluid theme name.

Looks good. Freaked me out for a second though. Thanks for your continued hard work on the forum.

Last edited:
I like it, but is there anyway to move the "Latest Posts" box back to the top of the page? That's usually the first thing I look for when I come on.

I'm glad the "What's New" is back at the top left. I was lost earlier today. Who was saying what to whom, where, and when? I don't like doing all that work on the Sabbath.

A wonderful update, Rich! I wonder of it is just my use of Chrome or a 3200 x 1800 pixel resolution laptop that shows a less than dark contrast between black and white with the Metro B & W Fluid theme:

PBClip.jpg

Last edited:
A wonderful update, Rich! I wonder of it is just my use of Chrome or a 3200 x 1800 pixel resolution laptop that shows a less than dark contrast between black and white with the Metro B & W Fluid theme:

View attachment 4205

EDIT: Tried it with IE and about the same although text seems more darker. Might just be my hi-rez laptop. Thank goodness for the Hacker Vision and/or Deluminate extensions. ;)

Last edited:
If you want it to be responsive then choose the Fluid theme, otherwise select the Metro variant without the fluid theme name.

Sorry, dumb question, but what do you mean by "be responsive"? What will be different between fluid and regular themes. Thank you for you labors on the board.

Text looks dinkier and the light blue makes my 62-year-old eyes work too hard. Sigh...

Are you sighing because your hand lacks the strength to move to the bottom of the screen and select a theme that works for your eyes?

If you want it to be responsive then choose the Fluid theme, otherwise select the Metro variant without the fluid theme name.

Sorry, dumb question, but what do you mean by "be responsive"? What will be different between fluid and regular themes. Thank you for you labors on the board.

Responsive means that the page expands or shrinks to the amount of screen width.

Are you sighing because your hand lacks the strength to move to the bottom of the screen and select a theme that works for your eyes?

I am glad you said that because I was having my Presbyterian aversion to change and was panicking trying to figure out how to go back to the old way.

Text looks dinkier and the light blue makes my 62-year-old eyes work too hard. Sigh...

Try "Puritan Board" for the display. Text is much darker, and the white is not as bright. Then hit "CTRL +" a couple of times to increase the text size....

I'm glad we've been given choices on the displays so both the youngsters and those of us who are 'middle aged' can have good options.

I've changed the default theme for the PuritanBoard to the Metro Fluid theme. It is a modern, responsive theme. I realize some might like the old themes (and they're still available) but I've added variants of the Metro theme in different color combinations for a more modern look and feel. If you want it to be responsive then choose the Fluid theme, otherwise select the Metro variant without the fluid theme name.

I really love not just the color and template change, but the different options seem easier to access. Thanks for your work.

I kind of pegged you as a purple kind of guy.

I may have missed the point of your post. I didn't run across this article until today:

"Various shades of Purple are being tested as it seems to be universally thought of as a color of friendship."
Police to use purple uniforms to "soften image" - Call the Cops

I was actually thinking of the Purple theme.

BTW, I bumped the default font up a bit for readability. So far, I'm finding Golden to be very readable. I have Stargardt's so low contrast and small letters are hard on me too.

Hi,

I have lost all the recent posts that used to be at the top of the page. I sometimes see them for a split second; then they vanish. Any ideas?

Thanks.

The eye at the top of the screen is just plain spooky!

And it does not work well in low resolution...will try out a new theme!

UPDATE: Changed back to PuritanBoard. None of the fluid ones work for low resolution, FYI.

Looks great! I'm out of town, so I'm using my iPad; when I opened up the PB this morning & saw this I thought it was the Bert update yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back