Thinking Straight in a Crooked World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
525.jpg

Got this sent to me yesterday; anyone read it yet?

Hey Daniel,
I read this back in June, 2003. I've always been very thankful for Gary DeMar and American Vision. It's a good book and Mr. DeMar has a good grasp on a Biblical worldview.
Enjoy!

Hey Daniel,
I read this back in June, 2003. I've always been very thankful for Gary DeMar and American Vision. It's a good book and Mr. DeMar has a good grasp on a Biblical worldview.
Enjoy!

Ant

Is it mostly a critique of ungodly worldviews? I flicked through it yesterday and noticed a bit against postmodernism, but I have not had time to look at it since.

It was a few years ago ... *straining brain to remember* ...

If I remember correctly ... (I do not have the book anymore to reference) ...
He explains what a worldview is ... then helps the reader understand a Biblical worldview ... I cannot remember how much in-depth he goes into other views, but does explain some of the major ones. I think the book is mostly concerned with teaching others how to develop a biblical WV and to be able to live with it.

*I keep a journal of every book and article I have read from 1997 on ... (that's how I remembered the date above that I read the book) ... that way I can go back and reference by looking it up ... If the book was still in my library, I'd pull it out and quickly go through it to give you a better answer. But, a while ago I downsized my library ... I went from around 12 or so bookcases down to 1 ... I kept all my core materials ... Sometimes I regret it, most of the time, I'm glad the clutter is gone.*

Sorry my description was so brief ...

525.jpg

Anything by Gary DeMar is worth reading. You will like him because he is a postmillenial reconstructionist. He is doing alot more with Coral Ridge Ministries in Ft. Lauderdale. Him and Dr. D. James Kennedy always taught on Christian World and Life View.

525.jpg

Anything by Gary DeMar is worth reading. You will like him because he is a postmillenial reconstructionist. He is doing alot more with Coral Ridge Ministries in Ft. Lauderdale. Him and Dr. D. James Kennedy always taught on Christian World and Life View.

Greg Bahnsen said Gary DeMar was the best author the Reconstructionists had; it would be hard to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back