Those Who Are Saved Predestined

Status
Not open for further replies.

sojourner

Puritan Board Freshman
In our bible study at work we are composed of different believers attending different churches. For example I attend an Ind. Baptist Church by like my pastor I believe in the Reformed theology. I frequent Desiring God and Ligonier websites. While other bible mates of mine are Pentecostals, Methodistm and we had a debate before I told them that God predestined or already knew, those who will be saved. But they disagree with me even if I show them the bible verse saying man has free will so he also a deciding factor, more of like an Arminian belief...and they told me to read 1 Timothy 2-4 so can you help me out on this..

I like to think that God knew who He would foreordain.

Predestination is much more than foreknowledge. He knew because he had ordained; he didn't ordain because he knew. As our standards teach: "God from all eternity, did, by the most wise and holy counsel of His own will, freely, and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass ... Although God knows whatsoever may or can come to pass upon all supposed conditions; yet has He not decreed anything because He foresaw it as future, or as that which would come to pass upon such conditions."

Hi Leah,

I'd suggest that you consider the Scriptures referenced in the London Baptist Confession, available here in Spanish or English.

Pay special attention to the Scriptures listed in chapters 3, 6-10, and 19-20, as they'll be most relevant to your current question.

Hope this helps!

Grace to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back