What are your Academic Interests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
500 feet is actually a lot lower than you think when it comes to aviation. They will typically take the aircraft a little lower when passing directly over the crops, but FAA regulations do not allow for flying under 500 feet under normal circumstances.

The fa-what? Lol In western Kansas I witnessed a few power line close calls. Where there is no power lines the planes could knock the bug off the crops with the landing gear.

Working my way through it now, and your posting is really deep and good, did not expect that based upon your cowboy picture!

Thank you for your kind words. It was a joy to contribute to this ongoing exposition of the 1689, and I hope to do some more writing for this series. Our Presbyterian brethren enjoy multiple expositions, both written and sermonic, of their Standards; but we have very few of the 2LC, so this was a significant opportunity to serve "the cause of God and truth" (John Gill).

Dr. Nettles has spoken of printing the exposition as a book; so it, alongside Dr. Waldron's commentary, hopefully will prove an asset to 1689ers. Apart from Dr. Waldron's labors, I'm aware of one SermonAudio series through the entire 1689, the Philadelphia Baptist Association's partial exposition (cited in my essay), and Nehemiah Coxe's Vindiciae Veritatis (another partial exposition I employed). So, there is a great need for this work.

My prayer is that our work will be a blessing to the Church for years to come; and I praise God that it has been a blessing to you already.

Grace to you.

(I ran across this effort after completing my essay -- looks interesting, but I've not yet read it, so I can't comment on its usefulness).

If you still live in the metroplex, we have bobcat videos, not cat videos.

what are your news sources to get the "truth"

I'm not a Tom Cruise fan, but as Jack Nicholson's character said in the movie "You want answers? You can't handle the truth".

I remember one incident where I knew one of the people involved. I read some baseless speculation on a conspiracy nutjob site. She was actually fairly close to the mark, but was missing some additional details that would have stirred her up even more.

Sometimes folks can see enough of the dots to connect them; more frequently they factor in some of the misdirection.

What do you do with your knowledge that things aren't as what they seem?

Absolutely nothing. I only have to get run down by a car once to get the message. Folks that try to do something with information usually end up either crazy or dead. It is purely an academic exercise these days.

500 feet is actually a lot lower than you think when it comes to aviation. They will typically take the aircraft a little lower when passing directly over the crops, but FAA regulations do not allow for flying under 500 feet under normal circumstances.

I left out my stint as an aerial applicator because I didn't think of it as academic, but we flew Agwagons at around 10-20 feet above ground level for most applications. Some higher, some lower, but never more than 40 feet. Drift would be a problem higher than that.

120 mph at 20 feet AGL, 10-12 hours a day--starting very early in the morning and going late into the evening (sitting out the thermals in the heat of mid-day)--was stressful and I decided not to make it a career.

Last edited:
I left out my stint as an aerial applicator because I didn't think of it as academic, but we flew Agwagons at around 20 feet above ground level for most applications. Some higher, some lower, but never more than 40 feet. Drift would be a problem higher than that.

120 mph at 20-30 feet AGL, 10-12 hours a day--starting very early in the morning and going late into the evening (sitting out the thermals in the heat of mid-day)--was stressful and I decided not to make it a career.

To be clear, yes the aircraft will go significantly lower than 500 feet while making a pass over crops, and then return to a higher altitude in order to turn around. My mention of the 500 feet figure was simply meant to provide a frame of reference. Obviously the bigger point I was making was missed.

I only have to get run down by a car once to get the message. Folks that try to do something with information usually end up either crazy or dead. It is purely an academic exercise these days.

Ouch! Why didn't you shoot the tires out?

Conspiracy theories can be fun. The problem with conspiracies is wait for it...the conspiring. There are conspiracies that involve lots of people but they are rare. For hundreds of people to be involved in a conspiracy with knowledge that it is a conspiracy is nigh impossible. Sometimes powerful men can accomplish a lot undetected because very few people know about the 'plot.' That's not a 'huge conspiracy.' It is a small conspiracy. When some whackadoodle says 'thousands of people are in on....' I know there is a relatively low chance.

There is also plays on words that confuse things. Is a cover up a conspiracy proper or does one conspire to cover up? I know the attorneys here are better equipped to answer this but as I understand it in most jurisdictions in the West there is 'conspiracy to commit murder' but not 'conspiracy to cover up a murder.'

Thank you for your kind words. It was a joy to contribute to this ongoing exposition of the 1689, and I hope to do some more writing for this series. Our Presbyterian brethren enjoy multiple expositions, both written and sermonic, of their Standards; but we have very few of the 2LC, so this was a significant opportunity to serve "the cause of God and truth" (John Gill).

Dr. Nettles has spoken of printing the exposition as a book; so it, alongside Dr. Waldron's commentary, hopefully will prove an asset to 1689ers. Apart from Dr. Waldron's labors, I'm aware of one SermonAudio series through the entire 1689, the Philadelphia Baptist Association's partial exposition (cited in my essay), and Nehemiah Coxe's Vindiciae Veritatis (another partial exposition I employed). So, there is a great need for this work.

My prayer is that our work will be a blessing to the Church for years to come; and I praise God that it has been a blessing to you already.

Grace to you.

(I ran across this effort after completing my essay -- looks interesting, but I've not yet read it, so I can't comment on its usefulness).
Becoming now reformed as a baptist does really require one to put back on their thinking cap, as this is not light material, but really meaty theological stuff wading through now.

David,

Reformed theology is indeed an exercise requiring thoughtful engagement.

Keep on prayerfully reading Scripture and sound books!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back