Where to buy books?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came across Eisenbrauns. They specialize in Academic Biblical studies and Ancient Near East resources. Also have great prices.

Here is the website of a little bible bookstore in San Diego CA that I've done business with for years. They are not the typical "fluffy" bookstore that you find nowadays. I know the owner John Cully. He is a member of Bayview OPC in Chula Vista CA or at least was when I knew him. Their selection is unrivaled as far as I'm concerned. And their prices are fair.

If you are looking for somthing in particular that they don't have listed online you only need email them and if they don't have it, they can usually get it.
Check em out.
http://www.ebiblebookstore.com/

Yes, this is a very fine store; I've been patronizing it for about a decade now. John Cully is in his mid-70s now and is transitioning the running of the store to some younger folks, but he still pops in several days a week. I was just there about 3 weeks ago and it's still the same seriously Christian store it's always been. He started it in 1971 when he got out of the Navy.

Here is the website of a little bible bookstore in San Diego CA that I've done business with for years. They are not the typical "fluffy" bookstore that you find nowadays. I know the owner John Cully. He is a member of Bayview OPC in Chula Vista CA or at least was when I knew him. Their selection is unrivaled as far as I'm concerned. And their prices are fair.

If you are looking for somthing in particular that they don't have listed online you only need email them and if they don't have it, they can usually get it.
Check em out.
http://www.ebiblebookstore.com/

A great bookstore. John and his wife, Sandra, really have a heart for Christ and sharing the truth of the Gospel. I was saved as a direct result of reading books from their store and their witness. Now I own the second branch of their bookstore......;)

Still Water Revival They have many excellent rare books, especially out of print resources, which many would never be able to attain unless they were quite wealthy. They sell them in "facsimile fashion" very cheap, and they are in Canada which affords US citizens a discount based on the exchange rate!

I used to buy from this outfit occasionally, but haven't for several years, mostly because of rumors about their theology.

Are they heretical; or, if not heretical, at least deeply eccentric?

With all due respect to hard working independant Christian bookstores, I just choose Amazon (Amazon.ca in my case). Sure, I'd love to support small and personal Reformed booksellers, but more often than not it is more trouble than it is worth.

First of all, you have to find booksellers that are nice, have half descent service, etc. That is hard enough in and of itself. Secondly, even booksellers that are "good" and well-respected tend to be a little sluggish on the customer service end of things. And sometimes a little sloppy around the edges. I can think of one particular Reformed book seller that I would LOVE to order from. They have GREAT stuff and some pretty good deals!! But on my first try they botched stuff so badly (in terms of customer service) that I wouldn't want to try again.

With Amazon I get nice service. No rough edges. They've delivered smoothly for me over and over again. They have most of what I want, except for very rare titles. They are efficient. Independant/small sellers rarely can compete with their pricing. With Amazon I get my books in a timely manner, cost effectively, etc. And I get free shipping if I order over $50 of books.

Maybe I am too pragmatic, but saving money with better service gets me more books in less time with less headache. Sorry "little guys", you'll have to do a lot more than you are currently doing to snatch me away from Amazon.ca :)

P.S. I'm not sure if Amazon has an Australian department? But I wouldn't suprised.

Welcome to Timeless Christian Boooks

They have all of Jay E. Adams books as well as a number of other books that aren't always readily available elsewhere, like James W. Dale's tomes on baptism.

Free shipping for orders over $15 too.

I'm curious to know if anyone here has used them. Most of their books appear to be at a pretty substantial discount, although I haven't checked them against RHB, CVBBS, etc.

They have all of Jay E. Adams books as well as a number of other books that aren't always readily available elsewhere, like James W. Dale's tomes on baptism.

I'm curious to know if anyone here has used them. Most of their books appear to be at a pretty substantial discount, although I haven't checked them against RHB, CVBBS, etc.

I used them just about a month ago and was completely satisfied.

I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet, but Timeless Texts is also a good place to shop online. They carry primarily stuff by Jay Adams, but also a lot of other good solid books.

I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet, but Timeless Texts is also a good place to shop online. They carry primarily stuff by Jay Adams, but also a lot of other good solid books.

This is very good to know about. I grew up near Lake Norman, but didn't know about this store.

On another thread a while back, I mentioned the Christian Book Nook, a local bookstore here in Louisville. Well, the guy who owns the store now has a webpage, and he is willing to ship.

It really is a great store and I wanted to pass that info along to all of you. Plus, there's a great coffee shop about 2 doors down from the CBN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back