Whitefield theological seminary...any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesusIsLord

Puritan Board Freshman
Guys, I am curious to know if anyone has had any experience with WTS? Are they reformed? Do they hold to a certain confession?

Also, is there a restriction to seminaries one can attend if one is thinking of getting a pastorate at an OPC?

For example, can one go to Masters seminary and then be hired at an OPC?

Guys, I am curious to know if anyone has had any experience with WTS? Are they reformed? Do they hold to a certain confession?

Also, is there a restriction to seminaries one can attend if one is thinking of getting a pastorate at an OPC?

No doubt certain ones (Masters I mean) are preferred. But from what I gathered you may be grilled more than others who attended Reformed seminaries.
It shouldn't hinder you though.

Last edited:
It is my understanding that RTS faculty must state subscription the the WCF yearly. As for the OPC, you will want to be in a congregation and expose yourself to the session and Presbytery over time to confirm or deny the call you feel. A presbytery may decide to place you "under care" during the education process if they see a gifting in your life. It is a great process to protect God's sheep and to protect you. It is a surety that Christ's church will need faithful ministers in this decade and the ones to come.............

Whitefield is mixed but it is also not as solid as others. In all honesty, if you are serious, I'd invest in something more solidly confessional. I'd go with either Puritan Reformed or Greenville.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Whitefield mostly, if not completely, online?

wait why dont you ask Jeff Durbin? He is your pastor

wait why dont you ask Jeff Durbin? He is your pastor

John, I heard Pastor Jeff talk about it on Apologia radio and thought I might get a quicker answer through PB. We recently had a death at our church so the elders have been really busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back