Who Has The Most Persuasive Audio Supporing Instruments In Worship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjlynam

Puritan Board Sophomore
Who out there do you think makes a persuasive argument (audio format preferred) in support of musical instruments in worship? Whether you agree with them or not, who do you think argues the best in support of instruments?

I am studying the issue and would like to hear both sides, that is if there is someone who can and does argue from the side supporting the use of musical instruments.

I listened to Schwertley and thought he did a good job arguing against their use, even if his delivery was combative at times and a sloppy exhortation or two.

I figure with the fire power of those on this board, someone surely can offer a recommendation.

Recommendations, anyone?

Thanks for the links Dr. Bob, enjoying the first message now. I was a bit scared at first when Pastor Hendrix suggested removing the Old Testament from the discussion but he makes a compelling case.

I'm not sure whether I'd claim these are the most persuasive. But as one who believes the Scriptures do warrant the use of musical accompaniment in the corporate praise of God, I found these two messages, which are part of a series entitled, "Music in the House of God," overall helpful and persuasive (especially, the second message in the series):

The Regulative Perspective of Music in the House of God
The Regulative Ideal of Music in the House of God

Please remember to post this and Psalmody topics in the Psalmody sub forum. So moving.

Uh oh... I only listened to part one... I didn't think Pastor Hendrix was going down the a cappella exclusive psalmity road...maybe I should have listen to both before commenting. :D

Thank you so much for the link, Dr. Gonzalez. I was able to listen to both sermons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back