Why Believe in God? Forthcoming from P&R

Status
Not open for further replies.
P&R has given me a first look at the cover for my forthcoming book in their Basics of the Faith Series, entitled, Why Believe in God? If you are on Facebook, you can see the image here: Security Check Required | Facebook

Danny, you are a book writing machine! Keep it up.

Jerrold, as I tell everyone who asks how I do it, I believe writing is an extension of the ministry of the Word (per our Form of Subscription). Thus I encourage every pastor to write, whether books or just a church newsletter. One of my little secrets is that I've never sat down to write a book, but everything I have published as a book had another incarnation prior. With this book, it was a booklet I wrote for our church literature rack years ago. Then I submitted that to The Banner of Sovereign Grace Truth, in which it was published. Then I preached on Larger Catechism Q&A 2 a while ago and decided to submit an edited version to P&R for their Basics of the Truth series. Like politics, all my writing is local, meeting the needs of church planting where I am. I praise the Lord that my local stuff has found a wider audience. I hope it encourages other pastors to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back