1 & 2 Thessalonians

Status
Not open for further replies.

JML

Puritan Board Junior
What is a good commentary on 1 & 2 Thessalonians? Preferably from an a-mill perspective.

Last edited:
George Milligan (of Moulton & Milligan fame) did a commentary that I thought was very good. It's quite old (and probably free on the internet), but you really need to know some Greek to make the best use of it.

Calvin's commentary is quite good.

Leon Morris' commentary in the NICOT (since replaced by Gordon Fee's) I found useful. Like Murray's Romans, Morris' is still being reprinted by Eerdmans.

Wm. Hendriksen's commentary is typical for him.

I've always found the BoT paperbacks digest of Reformed commentary by Geoffrey B. Wilson good for a quick thought on this verse or that.

I do not know Greek. I have Calvin's. So would you recommend Morris or Hendriksen?

Sure. I at least used Morris when I preached Thess. (a decade ago now), and found him helpful. But I have too limited information about any more recent offerings. There could be some really fresh presentations out there.

Get Greg Beale's recent commentary in the IVPNTC series. Also, Robert Cara's commentary in the EP Study Commentary series is excellent as well. Both are Amil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back