10 Reasons Why I Miss the Old NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

0isez

Puritan Board Freshman
I love talking to you guys and I find myself writing to y’all when I have nothing to say or worse yet when I think about something. So, here goes…Why I think the NFL is Meh and what's changed...
Back in the heyday...

10. The helmet was still part of the uniform. Not an illegal weapon
9. 1st round draft picks were still unproven rookies, not runway models.
8. NFL salaries were still meager enough to keep players around for more than 5 years.
7. Booth announcers were not paid by the word.
6. Penalties were peripheral to the game. Not central.
5. Pre-game shows were informational, not sensational.
4. Commercials were built around the game, not the other way around.
3. Players are bigger, faster and stronger than ever, but not better.
2. Excessive End Zone celebrations brought penalties not praise
1a. Players were not fined for standing for the National Anthem
1b. 3rd and 8 and Lawrence Taylor now would have been penalty bait.

(Ok, ok, 10 and a half. So sue me).

It also wasn't rigged to keep games close in the "witching hour" from 3:30 - 4:30 pm to maximize Redzone viewership, and it wasn't rigged to limit winning parleys on the biggest interstate online gambling sites.

NFL has been compromised for a very long time.

I thank my God for it too. I discovered the joy of full Sabbath meaning and observance after I went away from it.

It also wasn't rigged to keep games close in the "witching hour" from 3:30 - 4:30 pm to maximize Redzone viewership, and it wasn't rigged to limit winning parleys on the biggest interstate online gambling sites.

NFL has been compromised for a very long time.

I thank my God for it too. I discovered the joy of full Sabbath meaning and observance after I went away from it.
You said it brother, I too have come to understand the Sabbath since the NFL was no longer important to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back