100 Days With Mary Winslow

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOwen

Puritan Board Junior
100 days with Mary Winslow.jpg

100 Days With Mary Winslow

As Octavius writes in the original preface, Mary was a ready writer. Her gift was not wasted either. Contained in this new edition of Christian Experience or Words of Loving Counsel and Sympathy, we have 100 days of private reflection and meditation from perhaps the most gifted female author the Church has ever known. A bold statement, I know. Yet if you will read these pages, whether you are a housewife, laborer, professional, or pastor, I guarantee you will find experiential food for your soul, found in few other places. Many times I have put this book down, and simply meditated on Mary's entrancing ability to take me from my study, to the cross, the tomb, my own dark heart, and the very gates of heaven.

100 Days With Mary Winslow: Mary Winslow: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

This is a lovely little book. I tried the sample last night, and ended up purchasing. It really is very moving and deep. Any Christian who is going, or has gone, through trials of privation and loss will be greatly helped here.

I'd have to agree that Mary is quite a step beyond the typical female devotional writer. These words were honed in the furnace itself. Made my heart sing, and reminded me of the great privilege of privation, in Christ.

Did keep me up too late, though. In a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back