103 in the Shade

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorBravo

Administrator
Staff member
And at 7 PM, 114F in the shed I was working in.

06.26.2015 shed.jpg

I love Eastern Washington in the summer. I was scything feral rye the other day in the 102 F afternoon sun. It was a pleasant sweaty break from the mundane excitement I've been having dealing with dependency and murder cases.

Heat and rhythmic exertion: it reminds me that the sweat of the brow is a gift despite being a curse.

rye2cropped1 copy.jpg

More power to ya. After a close call with heat stroke, I've not been able to tolerate high temps as well as I could before.

More power to ya. After a close call with heat stroke, I've not been able to tolerate high temps as well as I could before.

Heat stroke and even heat exhaustion are serious. I had it in my twenties and it took a while to get back into the swing of things. I stay well hydrated and never push beyond a moderately elevated breathing pace when working in this kind of heat.

Heat stroke and even heat exhaustion are serious. I had it in my twenties and it took a while to get back into the swing of things. I stay well hydrated and never push beyond a moderately elevated breathing pace when working in this kind of heat.

It's been about 12 or 13 years and to this day I still get nauseous, weak, and fatigued on very hot and humid days. And this in hardly any time at all. Could be I'm managing my hydration poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back