14 free Warfield ebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you guys overloaded the server:

"Error The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later."

I'm glad they're helpful to you guys; they'll sure be a help to me!

Have a wonderful Lord's Day, brethren.

Grace to you.

Are pdfs going out of style?
I'm wondering the same thing. I don't know why people like ePubs and mobis. I find them much more difficult to read from.

People have ePub and mobi readers on their "devices," so these are becoming the standard. The primary benefit for small screens is that you can easily adjust font size without having to scroll sideways for bigger pages.

But, it is pretty easy to convert either format to pdf with Calibre if you want. I just did that to Augustine & The Pelagian Controversy" to make sure it still worked. It produced a nice and clear pdf document from the mobi file. The font size is largish, but that's because the aim is to make it readable on small screens.

A proper PDF requires typesetting. A .mobi or .epub will be "typeset" for you, to your preferred reading margins, line spacing, font, and size, so every "book" is your uniformly in your preference (theoretically).

For reading plain text, I'd almost never choose PDF, it's just the wrong format unless someone takes the time to properly typeset it. And like Victor says, you can certainly take a .mobi and change it into a PDF if you want to.

I guess the short of it is, the lack of customization in a PDF is both a strong and a weak point, depending on what you want to do with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back