1973 Sears Catalog

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm soooo glad I've always been photophobic - I shudder to think what I looked like then!!!

I have a few outdated Penney's cataloges stashed in the attic. Maybe in 30 years my heirs will dig them out and make fun of what was in style just a couple of years ago!

Ah yes... The 'Twiggy' look. I never realized how appropriate her name was.

I was twelve years old in '73. My summer look as a t-shirt, jeans, Pro-Keds and a Rawlings signature series Willie Mays glove.

I particularly remember the saddle shoes. We all had to have them and did! Yuck! What were we thinking?

I graduated from high school with girls who dressed like that. EEEK. My bride-to-be used to dress like that and I still married her. In fact, I couldn’t get enough of her "chic look".

Boy, have times ever changed.

I just love the shoes on page 93, and whoever did this has way too much time on their hands.

Some aspects of our culture are best left undocumented.

The header says: Entertainment and Humor Discussions of entertainment, recreation and TASTEFUL humor

Are you sure a '73 catalogue is appropriate? :think:

The header says: Entertainment and Humor Discussions of entertainment, recreation and TASTEFUL humor

Are you sure a '73 catalogue is appropriate? :think:

Hey, at least they wore clothes that covered them up back then. I took my daughters shopping recently, and I couldn't believe how skimpy everything is.

Well, that was interesting. I remember two or three of the models had short TV careers.

To put this into perspective, I was married in 1973...it was a very good year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back