2,000 Years of Christ's Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayflower

Puritan Board Junior
Is anyone familiar with these 3 volumes of church history of 2,000 Years of Christ's Power ? Do they added something special ?

just got them. Exciting to read and scholarly. I have only read a little, so I am interested to see what others think.

These volumes are vitually devoid of documentation (which I'm fairly confident was probably intentional, however still disappointing), but are otherwise very readable and represent a very astute quality of scholarship.

DTK

Originally posted by DTK
These volumes are vitually devoid of documentation (which I'm fairly confident was probably intentional, however still disappointing), but are otherwise very readable and represent a very astute quality of scholarship.

DTK

Dear DTK,

Why disappointing, can you explain it more ?

Originally posted by Mayflower
Originally posted by DTK

DTK

Dear DTK,

Why disappointing, can you explain it more ?
I really can't be more specific than I have. I do not want to detract from these otherwise very helpful and useful works. When I read a historical work of this nature, I want to see the author's documentation for his work, i.e., footnotes (or endnotes) referencing his sources, besides an occasional vague reference and a bibliographical list of works consulted. These works exhibit a high quality of astute scholarship, and not everyone is going to share my desire in this respect.

DTK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back