2 Features I Miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybird0827

PuritanBoard Honor Roll
1. The ability of the author of a thread to modify its title.

2. The ability of the author of a thread to delete a thread that no one has replied to.

Any way of getting that back?

1. The ability of the author of a thread to modify its title.

2. The ability of the author of a thread to delete a thread that no one has replied to.

Any way of getting that back?

Jay,
You can modify the title by first clicking on the "Edit" link for the 1st post in the thread, then clicking on the "Go Advanced" link.

Bob

Duh. I hadn't noticed that.

But here's what's bizarre. I just modified a title. When I look at it in the thread it's modified. When I look at it in "Today's Posts", it has the original title!

But here's what's bizarre. I just modified a title. When I look at it in the thread it's modified. When I look at it in "Today's Posts", it has the original title!
Interesting.

You probably saw it already, but here's what it says in the FAQ section. Looks like its something the administrator would have to change.

Can I edit my own posts?
If you have registered, you will be able to edit and delete your posts. Note that the administrator can disable this ability as he desires. Your ability to edit your posts may also be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum.

To edit or delete your posts, click the button by the post you want to edit. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting the post may result in the removal of the entire thread.

After you have made your modifications, a note may appear, which notifies other users that you have edited your post. Administrators and moderators may also edit your messages but this note may not appear when they do so.

Try clearing the cache of your web browser, then refresh your screen. The new title should then be displayed properly.

Looked at the settings:

1. You can change the title of the thread but you have to do so within 2 hours of starting a new thread. The time limit was 30 minutes but I've bumped it up.

2. Unfortunately thread deletion by owner is an all or nothing thing. If I give the permission to allow users to delete own threads then they can go back into any thread ever started and delete whole threads. This need to remain restricted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back