2006-07 Hockey Season Starts Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonGoodwin

Puritan Board Sophomore
Hey Hockey Fans!

The new season starts tomorrow night. Carolina will be hoisting their banners before their game tomorrow night against the Buffalo Sabres. The game itself will be aired on the Versus (formerly OLN) Network starting at 7pm EDT.

If there are any interested hockey fans out there, this may be the game of the night. My Buffalo Sabres are looking to pick up where they left off. A win on the road would be nice.

Let's Go Buffalo!:sing::banana:

7.gif

Not in this part of the country, dude!

I'm certainly excited about the season starting again. However, I fear it's time to watch the Leafs tank yet another season. I may just turn into a Canucks fan after all.

My goal this hockey season is to get out and go see watch the Canucks for my first NHL game.

Originally posted by jaybird0827
7.gif

Not in this part of the country, dude!

Briere scored the shootout winner, Jay. Doggone it! Banner goes up, but the Sabres spoil the party. :lol::up:

Most of the hockey prognosticators say that Carolina won't repeat. I tend to agree. Too many losses over the post-season.

Sabres had a few losses, but the pickup of Jaroslav Spacek on D really helped.

Last year I had great expectations for my team - the Pittsburgh Penguins and ended up eating crow.

This year I will just take it one game at a time.

With that said, it sure was encouraging to see The Pens shut out Foresberg and the Flyers Thursday night! Marc-Andre Fleury had 40 saves!

:)

(Now that I live and work in the Raleigh-Durham, I am expected to follow the Canes - which is not so difficult to do, but I can't stop being a Pens fan)

Man I am so excited about the Penguins season thus far. They shut out the Flyers, then they lost to red hot Domique Hasek and the Red Wings, which the Pens only gave up two goals (the second right at the end), and last night they had a point fest with the Rangers winning with only 3 seconds left in Regulation!

but as I said - one game at a time (just keep saying that chris, don't get your hopes up too much, just keep saying that...).

:)

There were three natural hat tricks last night. One game (Oilers v. Sharks) featured two of them from each team. According to Scott Laughlin from Hockey This Morning on XM 204, the last time two hat tricks were scored by opposing teams was back in 1919.

Simply amazing!!!:cool:

Originally posted by ChristopherPaul
Penguins are getting stomped on right now by the Hurricanes, 3-0 halfway through 2nd period...

:(
Chris,

The Penguins are doing much better than they did last season. At least their lineup bears less of a resemblance to Methuselah than last year's. I think the front office realized that the veteran presence wasn't conducive to the "new look" NHL.

BTW, the Sabres are 5-0-0 going into tomorrow night's game against the Philadelphia Flyers in Buffalo. If the crowd gets into it as much as they did when they hosted the Rangers over the weekend, they may be able to generate enough power to restore the electricity they lost with that freak snowstorm over the weekend. :ph34r:

The Sabres are probably the best team in the league right now. They may just run away with the Northeast division. Although I am hoping Daniel Briere does well for the sake of my fantasy team :)

The Penguins do look much better, but I am not sure if they will be contenders for the playoffs yet. It will be interesting to see what Malkin will do for them - he starts tomorrow night against NJ.

I couldn't believe that the Sabres blew out the Flyers 9-1 last night. That was just horrible play on the part of the Flyers. It seems like the only guy that showed up for the game was Robert Esche, their goalie. Granted, I'm not a Flyers fan, but I began to feel sorry for them.

Had the Flyers had their head in the game, they would have been a decent challenge to Buffalo. I saw a Flyers posting board (much like this one), and all I can tell you is that I won't repeat what some of their fans said. In a nutshell, they were highly upset with the Flyers front office.

BTW, for some of you poolies out there, I hope you picked Maxim Afinogenov. 1 goal, 4 assists.

The Sabres are showing everyone in the NHL that "speed kills" -- literally.

Originally posted by backwoodspresbyterian
For all you hockey nuts Malkin makes his debut tonight. Sorry but the game is only on locally at FSN Pittsburgh

He scores!

("Buy Sam a drink and get his dog one too!" - gotta love Mike Lange)

Too bad he was the only one to score for the Pens last night.

Mark,

That was a nice link of a goal being scored. However, it's also really hard to see. I have no clue who put that rubber biscuit in the net, nor do I know who the losing goalie was.

BTW, All,
Sabres go for 10-0-0 record tonight against the NY Islanders.:cheers:

The picture is small due to size limitations. I forget who scored the goal as I no longer have the original larger "picture". However, it is an Oiler scoring on San Jose during last years regual season.

I am quite impressed with Buffalo right now. Should have been Edmonton and Buffalo in the final! I wonder how that would have been like for Michael Peca?

Pronger really hit it to the Oilers last night. It broke my heart. Oh well, we are still undefeated at home!

The picture is small due to size limitations. I forget who scored the goal as I no longer have the original larger "picture". However, it is an Oiler scoring on San Jose during last years regual season.

I am quite impressed with Buffalo right now. Should have been Edmonton and Buffalo in the final! I wonder how that would have been like for Michael Peca?

Pronger really hit it to the Oilers last night. It broke my heart. Oh well, we are still undefeated at home!
Yeah, I know the feeling. It hurt to hear the Sabres lose their first game of the season in a shootout. However, 10-0-1 is not a bad way to start.

But, of all people to get a shootout goal: Slava Kozlov? Word has it back in Buffalo that he trashed our team after getting traded from Detroit to Buffalo in exchange for Dominik Hasek back in 2002.

Kozlov somehow didn't take into consideration that "when in Rome, do as the Romans do". Many Sabres fans don't take too kindly to his presence there when he visits.

The Penguins have really fluked out with their Draft positions of late ;)

Same thing happened with the acquisition of Lemieux in the 80's. They were in the gutter and able to pick him up. Then they spent the next almost decade and a half in the playoffs.

I just hope the Pens can keep these guys.

They probably will. The Penguins generally are good about keeping their good players for a while.

How about that Edmonton/Dallas game and the worse two calls ever? Blatant goalie interference by Eric Lindros, no call, they get a goal. Then, totally bogus call at the end where we tie it, and then admit "oops, I made a mistake. Oh well." People here are angrier about this game then when we lost game 7 last year. Last year it was disappointing, this year we are flipping ticked!

They probably will. The Penguins generally are good about keeping their good players for a while.

I am sure they would like to keep them, but will they be able to keep them along with the salary they will require.

(of course I am referring to Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, and Jordan Staal)

Maybe they will be like Paul Karyia (when he played for Colorado) and be willing to take a pay cut so as to play on the team they WANT to play on, not just the team that gives them the big bucks. :D But if you can't keep them I'm sure we could find a place for one of them over here in Edmonton ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back