2006-07 Hockey Season Starts Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's really interesting is when a bunch of us get involved with our respective teams' BBS -- much in the same fashion as the Puritan Board, but mingling with fans who don't necessarily have a Christian viewpoint :( I do what I can to keep my speech seasoned with salt, but it can be as spontaneous as Andrew Peters' golf swing.

BTW, take a look at my current avatar. It has Mats Sundin looking like he's hoping to hold up the Stanley Cup, but he's holding up a golf club bag in "celebration".

Go Devils!
They might want to start heading back to the East Coast. That West Coast trip has put them in a world of hurt.

BTW, 'Hawks canned Trent Yawney as head coach yesterday and put his assistant Denis Savard in charge. Some people would say that Yawney should have been given more time for his walking wounded to come back. I say No. My team, the Sabres, have been banged up, but their call-ups from Rochester are doing more than filling the holes. They're helping to win games.:D

Watch Sidney Crosby's AMAZING puck handling to assist Ryan Malone's first career hat trick:

http://youtube.com

:wow:

Wow, that was incredible. I watched a penguin's game the other day and couldn't believe how good Crosby was. With Malkin and Stall on the same team Pittsburgh is fun to watch, reminds me of the Oilers in the Gretzky days.

BTW, take a look at my current avatar. It has Mats Sundin looking like he's hoping to hold up the Stanley Cup, but he's holding up a golf club bag in \"celebration\".

Bah, [video=youtube;YgRSsr9yEQ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgRSsr9yEQ4[/video]

Penguins no longer for sale, will consider new home

Among the cities known to be interested in the Penguins are Kansas City, Houston, Winnipeg and Portland, Ore.

Man this is a catastrophe.

For those who followed teams such as the Atlanta Flames (Calgary Flames), Minnesota North Stars (Dallas Stars), Winnipeg Jets (Phoenix Coyotes), Quebec Nordiques (Colorado Avalanche), Hartford Whalers (Carolina Hurricanes): do you follow your team to its new destination or start afresh?

Penguins no longer for sale, will consider new home

Man this is a catastrophe.

For those who followed teams such as the Atlanta Flames (Calgary Flames), Minnesota North Stars (Dallas Stars), Winnipeg Jets (Phoenix Coyotes), Quebec Nordiques (Colorado Avalanche), Hartford Whalers (Carolina Hurricanes): do you follow your team to its new destination or start afresh?

Who here is old enough to remember the Buffalo Braves NBA team? I wasn't even ten years old when they moved to San Diego to become the Clippers, and then to Los Angeles. Can't say that it was much of a loss to me.

I really do feel sorry for the Pens fans out there. Here is a bit of a storied franchise with two Stanley Cups, and the city of Pittsburgh gets the raw end of the deal.

The Sabres were almost in the same predicament a few years ago when the Rigas clan bankrupted Adelphia Communications and Papa John with son Tim went to jail for their crimes. Good thing Tom Golisano of Paychex fortune came to the rescue! He's one of the best loved men in Buffalo!!!

Chris, before I came to this link, I saw you post elsewhere. That's where I saw your logo turned upside down. That is truly an international symbol of distress right there. I'm not a Pens fan, but the whole situation has me sick to my stomach.

Dave, you have to remember that the Leaves have won forty straight Stanley Golf Bags. It's only fitting that Sundin win one too.

BTW, Barney Rubble's a Sabres fan now.

The big difference between the Leafs and the Sabres is that the Leafs have actually won a Stanley Cup, the Sabres haven't yet...they have won a lot of tee-off time though. :lol:

The big difference between the Leafs and the Sabres is that the Leafs have actually won a Stanley Cup, the Sabres haven't yet...they have won a lot of tee-off time though. :lol:
True, but the "Make like a tree and Leaves" were the last team to win a Stanley Cup at the end of the Original Six era. That's longer than the Sabres have been around.

Now, who's had more tee-off time? Hmmm? :think:

Maybe you might want to check this out: [video=youtube;YlvmGM96CiM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlvmGM96CiM[/video]

See you on the golf course, Dave (long after the Sabres face the Ducks in the Cup Finals)
Jason

Last edited:
Good point Jason. What is always so scary is that too many times teams have dominated during the season only to loose to an eighth seeded team who happens to have a spurge of momentum. The 2003 Detroit team comes to mind.

(btw, I dig Barney's new du)

I just watched this - that is so wrong :lol:
Peters later apologized to the fans, his team, and the team's owner. He called his own golf swing "unprofessional". The fact of the matter is that he will never live that down.

It's still funny to watch after all that time. :rofl:

I took my two oldest kids (4 and 5) to the Canes / Panthers game last night. We really had a good time. I was a bit nervous after one period of no scoring for the Canes and one by the Panthers. My 4 year old son and I went to the Canes / Penguins game in November, so he knew what to expect, but for my five year old daughter, this was her first experience at the RBC center here in Raleigh. It is known to get pretty loud in there - especially when the Hurricanes score. So I am thinking, "Great, this will be one of those rare games with no hurricane goals.” My daughter kept asking every time the crowd expressed any slight excitement if the Hurricanes got a goal. I responded no you will definitely know when they do.

Well, before too long I got my wish. By the end of the third period the score was 3-2 Canes and then they capped it off with an empty net goal to seal up the victory. Needless to say she stopped asking if the Hurricanes scored ;)

After the game we hung out a bit and watched the rest of Penguins / Devils game at one of the RBC center bars. We started watching with 13 minutes left in the 3rd period - Penguins 0, Devils 1. Not Bad - I thought. Well, after it became 3-0 with less than two minutes to go in the game we left for the car.

Other than the Penguin loss, it was a great hockey night out for the Reeder clan.

:up:

Sitting Ducks

The Anaheim Ducks just got a rude awakening. Goalies Giguere and Bryzgalov are out, and Defenseman Chris Pronger broke his foot the other night blocking a shot. I hate to see a team get riddled with injuries (even if it is the Sabres' biggest nemesis, the Toronto Maple Leafs). This may cost them a few games -- possibly even the league lead in points/President's Trophy.

There is a big Puritan Board game in progress right now: Sabres vs. Penguins / JGoodwin vs. CPaul :)

Currently 3-2 Pens with 7:32 remaining in game...

"Elvis has just left the building!"

Dominique Moore scores empty net goal (first since April 2004 for Pens)!

HUGE win for Pens to beat the mighty Sabres.

"Elvis has just left the building!"

Dominique Moore scores empty net goal (first since April 2004 for Pens)!

HUGE win for Pens to beat the mighty Sabres.

It was so huge a win because it has become so rare for the Pens to win at the HongKong Shanghai Beer Can (HSBC) Arena.:rofl:

It was so huge a win because it has become so rare for the Pens to win at the HongKong Shanghai Beer Can (HSBC) Arena.:rofl:

Well I can't argue that; of all seasons too, when the Sabres are smoking!

After that game the Pens lost back-to-back games against the Lighting and then again to the Panthers. I guess they spent all their energy on Friday night beating Buffalo.

The problem with Pittsburgh is they rely too much on superstars – they need balance.

Well all I can say Jason is your uniforms are ugly, so blah!

The Anaheim Ducks just got a rude awakening. Goalies Giguere and Bryzgalov are out, and Defenseman Chris Pronger broke his foot the other night blocking a shot. I hate to see a team get riddled with injuries (even if it is the Sabres' biggest nemesis, the Toronto Maple Leafs). This may cost them a few games -- possibly even the league lead in points/President's Trophy.

Teemu Selanne is still holding strong - Hat trick last night.

(great for my fantasy team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back