2007 NHL All-Star Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonGoodwin

Puritan Board Sophomore
Hey Hockey Fans!

Did any of you see who's coaching the Eastern and Western Conference teams?
I can't remember who's coaching the West, but Lindy Ruff of my Buffalo Sabres :D is going to be the head coach of the East. Furthermore, three Sabres are going to be in the starting lineup for the East (Daniel Briere, Brian Campbell, and Ryan Miller). This is the first time this has ever happened in an NHL All-Star Game. Not even the Edmonton Oilers of the 1980's could do this.

If the Sabres are having this good of a season, I can only imagine what the Stanley Cup playoffs may turn out to be. :D

Yeah, just hope this is not a fluke and they end up going the way of the buffalo...

:)

(going to tonights Canes/Panthers game)

Has anyone seen the new Jerseys that will be reveled at the All-star game?

It is a big deal that the league is going with standard formats for all teams because teams like Montreal are known for having the same classic and popular style for so long. It is like making the Yankees loose the pin stripes – you don’t do that.

I believe some schematics leaked out a month or so ago. They looked a bit busy in my opinion – the idea is to make the players look slimmer.

I'd hate to see the jerseys ruin the traditional logos of the Original Six teams. Regardless of how I feel about teams like the Toronto Maple Leafs, they should be preserved.

Oh, btw. Daniel Briere of the Buffalo Sabres was awarded the All-Star Game's MVP. Go to www.sabres.com and see what his reward was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back