2008 College Football Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgia beat Michigan State in a close game. There's no reason Georgia, with all their talent, shouldn't have beaten MSU bad and had a much better season over all.

I just think that while USC is great, they aren't as awesome as everyone else feels but deserve credit for beating PSU. Now that said, what would happen if those boys had played in Happy Valley in the 26 degree temp? in my opinion it's not really football if you never have to play in the COLD, you know, football weather!

Are you saying that USC is not a 'real' football team? What are they then? They sure looked like a 'real' football team on Thursday. Did Penn State lose to a baseball team? :lol:

I'm saying that every football team (College and Pro at least) should absolutely have to play some games in cold weather. This could be done by bringing some bowl games North East.

Also, it's my thought that if that game had been played that same day in State College or somewhere 11 miles from State College (as Pasadena is from USC) the results would have been different. It's been proven in the NFL that warm weather teams often struggle in the cold. It's a MAJOR factor. Also California and Florida teams should not get home games for their bowls. However, did you see how many PSU fans showed up out there?!?! WOW!

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

USC would have beat Penn State no matter where they played the game.

I am Big ten guy, graduated from a Big ten school, but face it, the Big ten is overrated.

No way do I think that's a given, at all sour grapes or not. The Big Ten does have issues! I wish PSU would have entered the Big East instead dominating the weakest conference out there but still got to a BCS or National title game frequently because of it.

To be honest, Utah and Alabama both looked like high school teams compared to USC...and even PSU for that matter. I've always been a big fan of the BCS, but this season has opened my eyes to the need for a playoff. Based on bowl results, I'm not convinced the real national championship wasn't the Rose Bowl...

Alabama should NOT be where they are at, given their YOUNG team. They are playing more true Freshman than anybody in the nation from what I understand. They missed Andre Smith, their All-American Guard. It exposed their lack of depth at the position by having to move people around and play another freshman on the other side of the line. I also agree with the comments about their defensive backfield being somewhat weak. Utah has the same offense as Florida. They looked even better than Florida In my humble opinion and Alabama played much worse against Utah than against Florida. They played above themselves this year, for the most part. IT would have been nice to see what might have happened if Smith's selfishness had not made the rest of the team suffer for the $$$ signs he had in his head. He gave Alambama 3 good years; you would have thought he could have given them one more good week. I'm sure Saban will lecture the kids even more on not talking to the vultures till after their playing days end. I'll get off my soapbox now...:(

Georgia beat Michigan State in a close game. There's no reason Georgia, with all their talent, shouldn't have beaten MSU bad and had a much better season over all.

Except that they had a total of 19 players suffer season-ending injuries this year. Injuries decimated them, especially the defense. And they weren't 100% this game (offensive line problems still, Green was nursing an injury, etc.). And, of course, they played terribly in the first half. The second half was rather nice, however. :D

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

I am Big ten guy, graduated from a Big ten school, but face it, the Big ten is overrated.

How can you say that? NO ONE respects the Big 10, at least not in the media.

Don't forget, the Big 10 is 10-9 against the SEC since 2002...

I can say that because I have watched the games.

The Big Ten is overrated and everytime they come up against an SEC, BIG 12, or Pac 10 team in a big game they get their head handed to em.

Ok fellas, this will take some doing, but I am going to chart out the path that my Oklahoma Sooners will take from here to the national title game.

It does look fairly certain at this point that it will end up a team from the SEC (Alabama or Florida) against a team from the Big VII south division (OU).

Step I - So far things have worked out the way we need (all the right relatives have died in the right order). Texas lost to an unbeaten Texas Tech. Texas Tech has remained unbeaten which is important.

Step II – OU will beat Texas Tech (ranked 2nd) this week in Norman. We are 60-2 at home under Stoops. It will be a tough game but we’ve had two weeks to prepare.

Step III – OU may or may not jump Texas in the BCS poll. Which is still ok because the week after we will play and beat OSU (ranked 12th) in the bedlam game. If we were not ahead of Texas already that should put us over the top because Texas only has one game left against a very weak Texas A&M (Baylor 41 – A&M 21).

Step IV – Texas Tech will win their final game against Baylor which will create a three way tie for the south division. Our superior ranking (fueled by the tougher schedule in the last two games) will be the tie breaker and send us to the Big XII championship against Mizzou (ranked 13th).

Step V – We will win the Big XII championship and be headed for Miami where a severely overpowered SEC team will be blown out.

If it all happens that way…..you heard it here first! Boomer Sooner!

Only a few short hours before my plan is complete! Boomer Sooner!

Before the bowls I thought OU would win. Now that I see the quality of the Big 12 defenses, I'm going with the Gators.

Florida 38, OU 28

Hopefully, we might see another reality check like this after the game tonight:

safe_image.php

Florida pulls it off with Tebow playing amazingly in the last quarter but his little taunts didn't do much for his character, I suppose he does have some things to learn. I still admire his faith though.

Florida pulls it off with Tebow playing amazingly in the last quarter but his little taunts didn't do much for his character, I suppose he does have some things to learn. I still admire his faith though.

Yeah, this was all Tebow. I didn't see him taunting anyone, but that's disappointing to hear - he certainly sounds like true salt & light in his school and team.

Congrats to the Gator fans out there on the PB...

Well, Tebow did play great on that last drive, but the game was already the Gators' to win at that point; he was just salting it away. It's not like he "won" the game by leading them from behind.

I know the talk will be all about Tebow (the Obama of college football), but it was really the Florida defense (two great goal line stands) and the play of Percy Harvin (playing on an injured ankle, no less) that really carried the game. If the defense doesn't make those two goal line stands (plus the spectacular interception by Black in the 4th quarter) and Harvin isn't able to go, we aren't having the same conversation right now. And we would most likely have seen Tebow cry again after the game. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back