2008 College Football Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marshall won two titles in the 90's and if it was not for Youngstown State (and current Ohio State HC Jim Tressel) they would have won more. Marshall finished the 90's with the most wins of any team in D-I (including A and AA).

Yes, Marshall couldn't hang with Georgia Southern so they had to change divisions just to escape the wrath of the Mighty Eagles!!! :lol:

Tressel took the same route. After GSU whupped him and those snowbirds from Youngstown back in 1999, he hightailed it to Columbus where he could hide in the safety of the horseshoe... ;)

Seriously, GSU destroyed Youngstown State in that game. Adrian Peterson (not the AP who plays for Minnesota, the AP who plays for Chicago) had one of the greatest runs in college football history in that game. Here's the video, and you'll see why Tressel headed out of town, stopping only long enough to grab a few sweater vests on the way out... :lol:

[video=youtube;usFFN9mPIDY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usFFN9mPIDY[/video]

West Virginia 48
Villanova 21

Pat White completed 25-of-33 passes for 208 yards and a career-high five touchdowns, and rushed for 63 yards to lead eighth-ranked West Virginia over Villanova, 48-21, in the season opener for both teams.

Alric Arnett hauled in four balls for 70 yards and two scores for the Mountaineers (1-0), who began the Bill Stewart era on a winning note. Stewart took over the team prior to last season's Fiesta Bowl after Rich Rodriguez decided to take the head coaching job at Michigan, and now has the position on a full-time basis.

Jock Sanders also scored two touchdowns and caught eight balls for 62 yards as West Virginia won its fifth straight season opener.

Marshall won two titles in the 90's and if it was not for Youngstown State (and current Ohio State HC Jim Tressel) they would have won more. Marshall finished the 90's with the most wins of any team in D-I (including A and AA).

Yes, Marshall couldn't hang with Georgia Southern so they had to change divisions just to escape the wrath of the Mighty Eagles!!! :lol:

Tressel took the same route. After GSU whupped him and those snowbirds from Youngstown back in 1999, he hightailed it to Columbus where he could hide in the safety of the horseshoe... ;)

Seriously, GSU destroyed Youngstown State in that game. Adrian Peterson (not the AP who plays for Minnesota, the AP who plays for Chicago) had one of the greatest runs in college football history in that game. Here's the video, and you'll see why Tressel headed out of town, stopping only long enough to grab a few sweater vests on the way out... :lol:

[video=youtube;usFFN9mPIDY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usFFN9mPIDY[/video]

Good stuff....

Never underestimate the power of a sweater vest...

That is a pretty impressive run by Peterson. Too bad he has not been able to duplicate that for the Chicago Bears.

Georgia beat my old alma mater Georgia Southern 45-21 (they led 38-0 and coasted after that). But Knowshawn Moreno appeared to have tweaked something in his right leg running in a touchdown, and I just saw this morning that DT Jeff Owens is out for the season with a knee injury...:(

WE ARE....

PENN STATE!

Got my tickets for opening day tomorrow. Taking my dad to tailgate for a few hours before we get our seats at the 10 yard line 20 rows up. I'll return with some pictures tomorrow evening. I LOVE Penn State football in Happy Valley on Saturdays. One of my all time favorite things in the world.

Are you going to make it to the game this weekend against Oregon State? While I normally root for Penn State (I like Joe Pa), I am an Oregon State student and lifelong fan. I am a little nervous for the game though, I don't know how Oregon State will come out in front of 100,000 (correct). Also the way you guys ran all over Coastal Carolina the other day has me a bit worried. However, Oregon State has many weapons on offense and I think the defense will improve, so maybe my Beavers will be able to steal one in Beaver Stadium. Like you said, don't overlook Oregon State, while we did lose to Stanford, we are definitely more talented than Stanford (Ok, I know, that may not be saying a lot), we just lost to Stanford because we turned the ball over 4 times.

Love see Tennessee lose tonight.

Good ole Rocky Flop :)

:sing:

Rocky Flop, you'll always be
A crummy team to me
Bad ol' Rocky Flop
Rocky Flop Tennessee!

:sing:

1.gif

Very well done my friend.

Sing it loud, sing it strong, sing it often :cool:

Well, I was correct in my statement that Georgia's #1 ranking wouldn't last long. The new AP poll came out today and SoCal is ranked #1.

Of course, not completely unexpected, but I'm still going through the full range of emotions...

:eek:
:down:
:rolleyes::scratch::confused:
:(

:rant::mad:

This is me dreaming about what I would do to that 2-bit nag the Trojan rides each week:

:deadhorse:

Well, I would have expected them to take over #1 if/when they beat OSU in a couple of weeks. But this is a bit early to be flip-flopping teams in the polls, In my humble opinion.

I wonder if UCLA beating Tenn had anything to do with this in the mind of the voters. Nah, that would never happen. :rolleyes:

Not quite. Arizona beat Idaho 70-0.

I was at the game. Arizona led at half-time 49-0. They played their second and third teams all second half. The 'Cats are a sleeper team in the Pac 10. Watch out for them.

2T-3DS-FBSPIN1_Arizona1_240x240.jpg

By the way, my son plays in the U of A Marching Band!!!

Now, onto other matters...

Notre%20Dame%20Football3.jpg

God may not care about football, but His mother sure does! :p Go Irish!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back