2021 PB College Football Pick'em Contest Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolaScriptura

Puritanboard Brimstone
Hello, all! The 2021 college football season is almost upon us... that means it is time to start thinking about the annual PB College Football Pick'em contest!

As the winner of the 2020 PB College Football Pick'em contest, the privilege to run this year's contest are mine. And I am honored!

One of the downsides to being the pastor of a vibrant and growing church is that even though I was busy before... now I am even moreso - so much so that I am developing symptoms of anxiety and burnout. I'm taking steps to offload some of my responsibilities, and to set better perimeters to help maintain work/life balance... but to add to it my wife and I just came under contract to purchase a nice home in our area. The timing will keep me occupied with the closing then we have the various house projects and move-in process taking until mid November.

In short, as much as I want to run this year's contest, I simply do not have the time or energy to put into it. And I enjoy it too much to let it suffer due to my inability to manage it properly.

Consequently, I have dialogued with @toddpedlar, who as you know does a very good job running these contests. He has agreed to manage this year's contest in my stead. The caveat is that if for some reason he becomes unable to continue doing so, the management of this year's Pick'em will revert back to me.

So, thank you, Todd, for being willing and able to step in... I'm confident the 2021 season will be good!

@SolaScriptura Sorry you are going to miss out on the opportunity - it's more work than it seems.

But @toddpedlar always runs a good contest. And hopefully we won't have to put up with the mess from the schools and conferences that we did last year.

And I'll even share my secret for picking winners. Since major sporting events are as rigged as the stock market, just figure out the agenda of the big money.

Hi all -

Really looking forward to running the contest - and thanks to @SolaScriptura for giving the opportunity.

As always, I'll make every effort to have picks up by Monday afternoon so we have time to ruminate on the picks. For the first week, I'll have games out about 10 days out ahead of the first games (which will be Friday, September 2)

15 games per week will get us, hopefully, to be 10+ games every week. First week actually has a large number of excellent matchups already from what I can tell.

Enjoy! I hope we can encourage broader participation this year!

Cheers,

Todd

Having handled the contest once myself (having only won once... sigh), I can also attest to the time it takes! So, I wholly understand the "punt" or "pass" (see what I did there?).
Also, now being back in the States, I look forward to participating (and winning!) once again... :stirpot:

I'm hoping this will get me interested in college football again. Always enjoy these picks. Thanks for doing it again.

I just hope all the political stuff doesn't ruin my College Football as it has the NFL. I suspect I am going to have to endure for this season. I am up for it. Let it role.
Go Irish!!!

How does one get in on this?
Nothing easier. Just wait until the first week's games are picked by Todd. He will put up a post announcing College Pick 'em week 1, then simply follow the directions by posting a reply with your picks, usually including a tie-breaker.

Nothing easier. Just wait until the first week's games are picked by Todd. He will put up a post announcing College Pick 'em week 1, then simply follow the directions by posting a reply with your picks, usually including a tie-breaker.
Thank you sir. Looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back