50 Greatest Christian Classics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilgrim72

Puritan Board Junior
I have Volume IV of the "50 Greatest Christian Classics" by Jay Green called "Soul Winning Classics", published by Sovereign Grace Trust. I love this book and was wondering where to find the other 11 volumes in this set.
This volume has writings by Thomas Boston, Spurgeon, Luther, Joseph Alleine, Baxter, Goodwin and Horatius Bonar.

Now, as I'm sitting here looking at this book, I'm wondering when did I first get it and where? And why didn't I get the rest of the volumes?

Hmm... It's a mystery :gpl:

( or I'm just getting old :confused: )

Jay was publishing them as he got them done. I am not sure he got them all done. Last time I spoke to any of them Sr. was moved into a Veterans home.

Jay P. Green, Jr. says on the SGP website:

Fifty Greatest Christian Classics – 12 Volume Set, five have previously been printed, seven have never been printed. This entire series is going to be put into the Sponsor A Book Program described above and will be reliant upon God moving sponsors to come forward and provide the means to produce the balance of this set if it is to be done.

I found this list elsewhere:

The Fifty Greatest Christian Classics (Jay P. Green, ed. Twelve volume set):

Vol. I. The Devotional Classics of C.H. Spurgeon.

Vol. II. William Gurnall. The Christian in Complete Armor.

Vol. III. Christian Life Classics.

Vol. V. The Classic Works of Jonathan Edwards.

Vol. VI. Classics for the Afflicted.

Vol. X. Classics on Human Nature.

Vol. XI. The Classic Works of John Bunyan.

Vol. 4 is Soul Winning Classics

12 Great Classics in one binding by Spurgeon, Alleine, Baxter, Luther, Bonar, Two by Boston, Three by Thomas Goodwin.

First is Joseph Alleine's Alarm to the Unconverted, a book so powerful that it has been through over 300 printings (more than any Christian Classic except for Pilgrim's Progress). Thousands, over the centuries, have been converted through reading this book.

Next is Richard Baxter's A Call to the Unconverted.

Thirdly is Charles Spurgeon's The Soul Winner, a classic if there ever was one. Then for those who think they can save themselves,

Martin Luther's Bondage of the Will is included.

Many today in modern America do not think that repentance or turning from one's sins is necessary to salvation so Thomas Boston's Repentance is included.

Finally, for those who must work with the unconverted daily, two more are included: The Art of Man-Fishing by Thomas Boston and Words to Winners of Souls by Horatius Bonar. Beautifully bound in bonded leather with gold color print on the cover and newly type set. 740 pages, hard cover

Vol. 9 is The Classic Bible Dictionary

I saw one place where Jay P. Green, Sr. announced plans to include the works of John Flavel as part of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back