A Belated Birthday Tribute to Bawb - My Gift to the Board...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
I'm so sorry I just found out I missed your birthday Bawb. The affection being poured out for you represents the special affection we have for you.

You are the Marcia Brady of the PuritanBoard - popular and well-liked with beautiful, long flowing hair. The rest of us "Jan Brady Mods and Admins" do not begrudge this attention. How could we? We, too, are overawed by the Bawb.

I thought of composing a song for you but then I realized I don't know how to compose music. I also realized that such a tribute would not be as enduring as what I wish to give as a tribute to you and as a gift to the board in general.

It is, therefore, with tears of joy that I unveil the: WHAT WOULD BAWB DO? Smiley!

:wwbd:

I do not wish to define how this is to be used. I've never figured out how to properly use the dancing banana or the chained icon. My hope is that this will become so popular that it will spill past the pages of the PuritanBoard and break out all over the Internet.

I know for my part, I already have the smiley in mind for times when a post is really funny but it's only a 10. I intend to use the :wwbd: to make that post an 11.

Wow, I don't know what to say. I haven't been this excited since I saw my name listed in the phone book for the first time. Does this mean I'm a cultural 'icon' at the age of 52? Have I become the 'rumor in my own time' that I've always aspired to be? I'm overwhelmed by this tribute. I wish I could turn you all into chocolate 'jimmies' and sprinkle you on my hot fudge sundae. To think a young country hillbilly from the back woods of Vermont can rise in this great country to be represented by a 2 dimensional smiley. I now stand justified before those who said I suffered from 'delusions of adequacy'. I am more adequate then my critics will ever be. The Marcia Brady of the PB!!!! I'm sorry, I'm too emotional to type any further. I gotta call my mom. Hugs and kisses. :wave:

:rofl: The only thing that last post needed was one of these :wwbd:

Actually, I take that back, Bawb does what Bawb does!

Can't help but recall Steve Martin in The Jerk:

Navin R. Johnson: The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!
Harry Hartounian: Boy, I wish I could get that excited about nothing.
Navin R. Johnson: Nothing? Are you kidding? Page 73 - Johnson, Navin R.! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book everyday! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.

Can't help but recall Steve Martin in The Jerk:

Navin R. Johnson: The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!
Harry Hartounian: Boy, I wish I could get that excited about nothing.
Navin R. Johnson: Nothing? Are you kidding? Page 73 - Johnson, Navin R.! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book everyday! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Wow, I don't know what to say. I haven't been this excited since I saw my name listed in the phone book for the first time. Does this mean I'm a cultural 'icon' at the age of 52? Have I become the 'rumor in my own time' that I've always aspired to be? I'm overwhelmed by this tribute. I wish I could turn you all into chocolate 'jimmies' and sprinkle you on my hot fudge sundae. To think a young country hillbilly from the back woods of Vermont can rise in this great country to be represented by a 2 dimensional smiley. I now stand justified before those who said I suffered from 'delusions of adequacy'. I am more adequate then my critics will ever be. The Marcia Brady of the PB!!!! I'm sorry, I'm too emotional to type any further. I gotta call my mom. Hugs and kisses. :wave:
Not long ago 52 was a ripe and elderly age so yes you could've been an antique 70 years ago and thus a living legend but alas in the modern era you are a half empty/ half full glass depending on your perspective.:think:

Being a fellow member of the Loyal Order of Bawbs (LOOB's) I am honored that our leader has been honored with his own smiley. :wwbd: fits my version of presuppositionalism like a glove.

Bawb is as Bawb does.

]:applause: :applause::applause:
:banana::wwbd::banana: Wow! This is great. WWBD! I wonder if we can have some rubber braclets made up?:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back