A brand new word

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanHunt

Puritan Board Senior
This must be the first thread I started since about 2005. Hmmm.

Over on facebook, I was soaking in the inspirational zen of Bawb's profile page where talk got on to the said Bawb's ostentatiousness. Then Joel Osteen was mentioned.

Thus a new word was born: 'Osteentatious'

This is brother bawb's testimony to the moving event:

Jonathan, you are a genius. That word had to be invented. Osteentatious is the perfect word to describe preaching without substance.

:lol:

Excellent Jonathan. I was going to post our invention this evening. I'm glad you did it.

Here is the official definition, please use the word liberally.

os⋅teen⋅ta⋅tious
   /ˌɒsteenˈteɪʃəs, -tən-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [os-teen-tey-shuhs, -tuhn-]
–adjective
1. Preaching that is characterized by or given to pretentious or conspicuous show in an attempt to impress others.
2. preaching in a manner intended to attract notice.
3. preaching with very white teeth.

please use the word liberally.

Liberally... I will destroy you with my Kung Fu!

Theognome

-----Added 2/18/2009 at 07:04:24 EST-----

Oh... Here's a word I coined some time ago...

Bathysaudiophobia (n)

1. The fear of making noise while doing one's business on the toilet.

My mom was the inspiration of that one.

Theognome

It will be interesting to see where this word pops up if it gets legs!

Jonathan, you have the same join date as I do. Happy 5 yr PB anniversary!

-----Added 2/18/2009 at 07:05:51 EST-----

Actually mine is March. I though for sure it was Feb. Oh well.

It will be interesting to see where this word pops up if it gets legs!

Jonathan, you have the same join date as I do. Happy 5 yr PB anniversary!

-----Added 2/18/2009 at 07:05:51 EST-----

Actually mine is March. I though for sure it was Feb. Oh well.

Close enough. My, my, there's been some changes over the years. They used to lynch baptists in these here parts. :eek::lol:

Bawb - your definition has caused me considerable distress. I had to laugh my head off silently due to my wife being asleep and I now have a ricked neck :lol:

I was looking again at the comments on my Facebook page and think that Ivan should be included in co-parenting this word. His comment was an allusion to Osteen's book which obviously became the springboard for Jonathan's creative outburst. I finished it up by supplying the definitions.

Now we know the etymology so when the Nobel people or the Grammy people or the commissioner of baseball comes around to give us a prize.

Sorry about your ricked neck Jonathan. (Tehehehehehe, 'ricked', aren't the Brits a quaint lot.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back