A capella EP Youtube Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moireach

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi there,

I wanted to let you all know I've got a Youtube channel with congregational recordings of a capella Psalm singing.
The recordings are from a Free Church of Scotland in Glasgow. I've got 12 videos up so far but am gradually adding to these when I find the time.
Take a look if you want.

YouTube - Moireach91's Channel

Thanks David. I used to be a member of Dowanvale Free Church and it is great to hear how the singing has improved since I used to precent there.
One question, the singing is from Glasgow, but yet the scenery is from Lewis. Why not scenery of Glasgow?

I'm glad you all enjoyed.

Ah Donnie, but where are the singers from? I would estimate 70% are from Lewis and 95% are related to Lewis.
And because I'm not a big fan of Glasgow scenery :p

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

I'd recommend you be sure to listen to Psalm 16 to Golden Hill. It has particularly strong harmonies which are worth hearing.

David, this is wonderful work! I will link to this on my EP churches listing page.

Thanks very much everyone.
Thanks for the two who linked it to other pages too.
I'm hoping to be adding new Psalms to the page all the time - I am a student so usually have plenty free time :p - as I have a massive library of recordings from my church.

Thanks for the link! My only complaint (and I know that you didn't make all these videos, so not entirely your fault) is that many of these videos don't have the psalter used in the title or description. With most psalm videos on Youtube, I have no way of knowing until I've listened for a minute whether the psalm being sung is from the Scottish psalter, or the Sing Psalms version, or another version. It would be nice if creators of psalm videos would include the psalter version in the title. It's kind of disappointing to click on a video of a favorite psalm only to find that the words are not the words you know and love. :)

Aah. I did actually make all the videos but I'd never thought of that Sharon.
However I do always state the Psalter version in the description, along with the words.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

You'll notice we mostly sing from the Sing Psalms version but we still use the Scottish Psalter at pretty much every service and almost always in fellowships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back