A fair question! Why I do it..... Hmmmmmm....... Let us see....

Status
Not open for further replies.

etexas

Puritan Board Doctor
Do what you loon!? I am sure some are asking! Thank you! A brother asked a good question:Why do about half your threads seem serious and the other half a tad joking. SIMPLE. I LOVED Ronald Reagan! I recall his first term and the press asked about the "Jellybean-Bowl" he would pull out at what "seemed" odd times. He gave his famed slightly crooked grin and said: "Well, I put them on the table when the furr is about to fly. It is hard to be angry with a handful of Jellybeans in your hand." ;) I view what may seem to be "fun-empty calorie posts"as my "contribution, I often drop one when a heated topic or 4 pop up on the PB! It is to blow off steam. My other threads are about 50% serious, to be honest, as far as deep issues of theology go, I tend to READ and learn! (Shocking I like to learn is it not!) I tend to stay quiet (also shocking) and reflect and meditate. on a final note, what some feel might be "silly threads" some are serious though couched with some humor: Example: My Desert Island Bible Thread. I am a Bible collector I am fascinated by the reasons Christians select the translation they do! Scripture translation is very interesting to me, the Island MAY have sounded silly, but there was "method behind madness ;), I wanted to FORCE peoples hands! Really dig down and offer why a translation would be chosen for your year long all-expence paid Island trip! Anyway, I thought the question insightful and amusing, yet on pondering it, I was almost aback no one had asked at least a like question before. So, I decided (for what it is worth, to give an open answer to my unorthodox approach to Orthodoxy. The Grace Of Our Ever Blessed Lord Jesus Christ Be Upon All my Dear Brethren. Pax Est Bonum.:pilgrim:

Last edited:
okay, now the next question is, why do you use so many smileys, which one is your favorite, and don't you wish there were a Texan one?

okay, now the next question is, why do you use so many smileys, which one is your favorite, and don't you wish there were a Texan one?
Well Andrew that is simple :A:ANY post is better with a good Smiley! B: Rich worked hard to give us a plethora , so, why not use them???? (-: Peace.

Andrew, is this persistence (in the pursuit of a Texas smilie) or nagging? BTW, there is no Maine smilie.

I'm still waiting for an Australia smilie.

Maybe the PB needs one outback/desert smilie, and the Aussies and Texans can share. :D

I'm still waiting for an Australia smilie.

Maybe the PB needs one outback/desert smilie, and the Aussies and Texans can share. :D
Hey....I was just hanging with my Aussie Neighbor! I would be honored to share a smilie composed of our respective Flags!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

But isn't that because nobody smiles in Maine? ;)
Brutal Todd! Just BRUTAL!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

When we smile in Maine our tooth shows.
So then this would be the Maine smiley:

0059.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back