A Languages Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitefield

Puritan Board Junior
We have a wealth of education on this board, and many have studied and are studying Greek, Hebrew, and/or Latin. I would like to see a forum where those of us who like to "play" with languages could ask questions about and share insights on how to translate words, phrases, and idioms in those three languages.

Elpizo na ta kataferoyme, latreyo spoydazoyn Ellinika!
(Ελπίζω να τα καταφέρουμε, λατρεύω σπουδάζουν Ελληνικά!)
translation: I hope they make it, I love studying Greek!

The forum is within the Scriptures section so it should be generally restricted to languages as they relate to the Scriptures. Now, since there is some use in talking about other languages with relation to the Scriptures, I wanted to make sure I didn't just limit conversation to Biblical languages but the forum is supposed to be principally about languages and their relation to the Scriptures.

And, by the way, just because some people with too much time on their hands have actually translated the Scriptures into Klingon, that doesn't count!

And, by the way, just because some people with too much time on their hands have actually translated the Scriptures into Klingon, that doesn't count!

Someone actually did that? That's seems almost blasphemous.

Only ancient languages? Or any language? ;)

Like Klingon?....lol

What about Sindaran elf or some other Tolkien language?

Theognome

Works for me :lol:
*just kidding, just kidding! uncle!*

Only ancient languages? Or any language? ;)

Tsalagi!

Yep! :book2:

The forum is within the Scriptures section so it should be generally restricted to languages as they relate to the Scriptures. Now, since there is some use in talking about other languages with relation to the Scriptures, I wanted to make sure I didn't just limit conversation to Biblical languages but the forum is supposed to be principally about languages and their relation to the Scriptures.

Thanks :) Because other languages in relation to the Scriptures might come up.

Awww!!!
*again just kidding!*
(fellow trekkies, I think there's some prejudice going on here. Aren't we supposed to share the Word with the worlds?)

Someone actually did that? That's seems almost blasphemous.

Yes...and you can find it online...:rolleyes: Rich is correct, someone had WAY too much time on their hands...or they are just THAT ate up with their sci-fi geekdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back