A long-time lurker takes the plunge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irenaeus

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi all,

In making use of the internet as a spiritual resource, I’ve been drawn to and encouraged by discussions here with increasing frequency over the last few years. It’s challenging to find others with a similar interest in regular theological discussion, and while I’m mainly here to continue reading, I look forward to being able to ask questions, as they arise, of those wiser than me.

By God’s grace I’ve been a believer somewhere north of 7 years, with serious study of the confessions being a somewhat more recent pursuit.

Sincerely,
JP

Gwallard

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome, JP! I've been a long time "lurker" myself, and only recently have been engaging as well. Glad to have you, brother!

dhh712

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome JP! I've been a believer for just over 8 years. And though my join date shows several years, I've just started posting here recently. I hope your time here is rewarding and a blessing to you.

Regi Addictissimus

Completely sold out to the King
Hello, JP. Welcome to the board.

Do you read much in the way of Patristics? I ask, obviously, because of your username. Either way, I am glad you took the plunge.

Herald

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

In making use of the internet as a spiritual resource, I’ve been drawn to and encouraged by discussions here with increasing frequency over the last few years. It’s challenging to find others with a similar interest in regular theological discussion, and while I’m mainly here to continue reading, I look forward to being able to ask questions, as they arise, of those wiser than me.

By God’s grace I’ve been a believer somewhere north of 7 years, with serious study of the confessions being a somewhat more recent pursuit.

Sincerely,
JP
JP, welcome to the PB! May it be a blessing to you.

ZackF

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
Hi all,

Sincerely,
JP
Welcome!

I’m sure many would rather I lurk more.

Irenaeus

Puritan Board Freshman
Thank you all for the welcome! Apologies for the belated reply - this week got somewhat busier than expected.

Regi, I'm not widely read in patristics, though I wish I was. I have profited immensely from even a small dip into the writings of the ancient fathers. Among the few books I have read, Irenaeus' "Demonstration of the Apostolic Preaching" is a favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.