A Modern Church of Scotland Sermon

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really quite shocking. This 'sermon' was preached by Rev Scott C McKenna at Mayfield Salisbury Parish Church of Scotland in Edinburgh.

I understand that in some ways this was to be expected, given the slide in the Church of Scotland over many years, but nonetheless it is still quite shocking. The blind leading the blind...

Well, at least liberalism makes a lot more sense than Dietrich Bonhoeffer. I agree with you, but I find it more shocking that churches are teaching so-called neo-orthodoxy.

I sent the YouTube link to a Pastor friend in the Gambia and he said...

I just watched the video on my phone. It seems more like a secular philosophy lecture coated in a 'spiritual parlance and outlook'. What a shame! Substitutionary atonement, divinity of Christ etc are the core of Christian faith. What good is a change of lifestyle if such change is not sourced in the Biblical Jesus Christ? Christianity has not evolved and world religions do not have the same core belief as he seems to purport. Christianity has exclusive claims and so is Islam, Buddhism etc.... We are NOT TOGETHER. If going back to the original words of Scripture is useless, then I can't call it Christianity anymore but Human evolution. It's a shame that people can buy such ideas and even put them online. May God help his church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back