A new 2 volume biografy of George Whitefield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayflower

Puritan Board Junior
I was really wondering how this new 2 volume biografy of George Whitefield from Dr E. A. Johnston is different than the 2 volume biografy by Arnold A. Dallimore

http://tentmaker.org.uk/content/?page_id=54&category=2&id=194

George Whitefield: A Definitive Biography

Dr E. A. Johnston.

2 volumes, 572 + 600 pp, dark green cloth with d/w.

Foreword by J. I. Packer

Preface by Richard Owen Roberts

E. A. Johnston, Ph.D, D.B.S. is a fellow of the Stephen Olford Institute for Biblical Preaching and the author of several books, including A Heart Awake: The Authorized Biography of J. Sidlow Baxter (Baker Books, 2005).

“In this massive biography of George Whitefield, preacher par excellence of the Great Awakening who travelled thousands of miles to preach thousands of sermons to thousands of people, we find immense stimulation to rekindle the psalmist’s prayer, ‘It is time, Lord, for thee to work.’ O that God would raise such men of godly zeal and endurance in our day!”
Dr. Joel Beeke, Puritian Reformed Theological Seminary, Grand Rapids, MI.

“Illuminating and informative, Dr. E. A. Johnston's new biography is an inspiring portrait of the great 18th Century evangelist. I heartily commend these well written volumes.”
Dr. David S. Dockery, President, Union University, Jackson, TN

“The time is right for a new biography of George Whitefield, the powerful evangelist of the First Great Awakening. That book has arrived. Read it for your profit and inspiration. You will not be disappointed.”
Dr. Daniel L. Akin, President, Southeastern Baptist Theological
Seminary, Wake Forest, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back