A New Biblical Theology of Genesis available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Bob Gonzales

Puritan Board Junior
Wipf & Stock has published my theology of Genesis entitled Where Sin Abounds: The Spread of Sin and the Curse in Genesis With Special Focus on the Patriarchal Narratives. Here's what two Old Testament scholars say about the book:
Although my library shelf holds many commentaries on Genesis, I eagerly anticipate turning again and again to Where Sin Abounds by Robert R. Gonzales Jr. In a fresh, comprehensive, and detailed theological exegesis, Gonzales empowers the patriarchal narrative, as well as the so-called primeval history, to express the spread of sin, its varied nature, and the divinely imposed consequences. Here is a monograph that the contemporary evangelical church, corrupted by the Marcionite heresy, needs desperately to hear.
Bruce Waltke
Professor of Old Testament
Reformed Theological Seminary

The habit of all too many Old Testament scholars is to limit the discussion of sin and the Fall to the first three chapters of Genesis, with perhaps a nod to the Flood narrative. In this thoughtful and persuasive work on the subject, Gonzales has brought to bear the best in exegetical and theological method to make an arresting case for the ongoing permeation of sin and its after-effects into the human experience, evidence for which is exhibited in the patriarchal narratives that tell the rest of the Genesis story. An important implication of his thesis is that it launches a trajectory into the New Testament and beyond, demolishing at once the idea of human perfectionism and putting in bold relief the need for a Savior.
Eugene H. Merrill
Distinguished Professor of Old Testament Studies
Dallas Theological Seminary
If you're interested in procuring a copy through me at a 50% author's discount ($21 with shipping), click on the link below and add your name and address to the comments box before November 28th. Or you can order the book through Barnes and Noble at a 32% discount here.

Where Sin Abounds: The Spread of Sin and the Curse in Genesis with a Special Focus on the Patriarchal Narratives

Your servant,
Bob Gonzales

Congrats!

Personally, I'll probably just get the thesis out of the BJU library, but congrats on getting published!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back