A new grandbaby is on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SueS

Puritan Board Freshman
My daughter Sarah is on the verge of delivering her third baby. She had Chloe at 35.5 weeks (she needed help with underdeveloped lungs), Liam at one day shy of 36 weeks (Sarah was on bed rest and meds for almost 6 weeks because of the threat of preterm labor) and with this pregnancy was on meds for four weeks, discontinuing them last week when she hit the magic 35 week mark. She's been flirting with labor since last Wednesday and this afternoon we got the call to get down to the hospital.

After a two hour wait in which her contractions fizzled even after walking round and round the hospital corridors she was told to go home. Her doctor thinks she'll deliver within the next couple of days but she was SO disappointed. She is very petite and has never been this pregnant. Both Chloe and Liam were slightly less than 6.5 pounds and she's really afraid this baby is going to be big. I think her doctor is concerned as well. She is all belly at this point and still has four weeks to go to be a full term 40 weeks.

Please pray that she delivers soon and that little Samuel will not be too big for her to deliver naturally.

Thanks!

Praying for Sarah and Samuel! How exciting to be waiting for that first glimpse of a grandbaby. Keep us posted, Sue!

And a photo or two would not go amiss, once available. ;^)

Thanks, guys!

Today is Sarah's fourth wedding anniversary - a birth today would be a very neat present for her and Paul. Of course, if she could wait another two days, Saturday is both my birthday and the birthday of Paul's youngest sister but I think it would be waaaay too much to ask that of Sarah!!! She wants this baby out NOW!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back