Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
This classic work by Burroughs deals with the Regulative Principle: God alone determines the manner in which sinners approach him. This is a life-transforming and Christ-glorifying biblical work.

Gospel Worship, or, The Right Manner of Sanctifying the name of God in General, in Hearing the Word, Receiving the Lord’s Supper, and Prayer – by Jeremiah Burroughs (1599-1646).

“Jeremiah Burroughs’ Gospel Worship has greatly influenced my understanding of biblical worship. It is one of the most important books I have ever read.”
–R.C. Sproul

“This treatise on Leviticus 10:1-3 is a call to propriety and sobriety in the worship of God. It deals with the believer’s sanctification through “three great ordinances”: (1) Hearing the Word, (2) Receiving the Lord’s Supper, and (3) Prayer In a day that promotes man-made forms of worship, Gospel Worship is a call to biblical worship of the Triune God though the means that He has instituted. Burroughs shows how important worship is to God and teaches us how to “give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name” (Ps. 29:2). He makes plain that we do not need new forms of worship to be relevant, but to renew old forms of worship.”
–Joel Beeke

Jeremiah Burroughs (1599-1646), was a brilliant Reformed preacher of the Gospel, and an astute theologian. He ministered with pastoral sensitivity and a zealous desire to glorify God in his preaching and writing.

In this treasured work, Jeremiah Burroughs masterfully provides guidelines to facilitate the reader to move closer to God in worship. Through 14 sermons, Burroughs carefully explains the right manner of worshipping God in general, and the three great ordinances of hearing the Word, receiving the Lord’s Supper, and prayer. Burroughs demonstrates that true worship is reverent, focused on the holiness of God.

We've put a great deal of time into this work. It is bound in cloth, stitched, and has a dust jacket. It is not a scan or facsimile, has been carefully transcribed by hand being made easy to read in modern English, and has an active table of contents for all the electronic versions. 300+ pages.

Table of Contents:

Meet Jeremiah Burroughs by C. Matthew McMahon
Regulating Worship According to God’s Will by C. Matthew McMahon
Original Title Page
Preface to the Reader
An Outline of the Sermons
Sermon 1: The Introduction
Sermon 2: God Will be Sanctified in Those Who Draw Near to Him
Sermon 3: The Importance of Preparing for Worship
Sermon 4: Two Cases of Conscience
Sermon 5: Sanctifying the Name of God in Holy Duties
Sermon 6: Suiting Our Duties to the God We are Worshipping
Sermon 7: Why God Will Be Sanctified in the Duties of His Worship
Sermon 8: Sanctifying the Name of God in Hearing the Word Part 1
Sermon 9: Sanctifying the Name of God in Hearing the Word Part 2
Sermon 10: Why God Will Have His Name Sanctified
Sermon 11: Sanctifying the Name of God in Receiving the Sacrament
Sermon 12: What is Required in Receiving the Sacrament
Sermon 13: Keeping to the Institution of the Sacrament
Sermon 14: Sanctifying the Name of God in Prayer

Get the eBook Pack Here at Puritan Publications.
Get the Printed Book Here at our Spotlight Page.
Get the Google Play Book Here.
Get the Kindle Version Here.
Get the Nook Version Here.

GospelWorshipPS3.jpg

Last edited:
This classic work by Burroughs deals with the Regulative Principle: God alone determines the manner in which sinners approach him. This is a life-transforming and Christ-glorifying biblical work.

I would like to obtain the eBook set, but the checkout process seems hosed up. I enter my existing account credentials and nothing happens. I am unable to proceed to following steps, Billing Information, Review Payment. The page just sits there after I supplied my credential with no indications. Tried this with several browsers, but the results are the same.

I'd rather not proceed as a Guest and create an account that already exists.

I even got some email containing a verification code (two of then now, since I have tried checking out twice) but have no idea where to enter this.

I would like to obtain the eBook set, but the checkout process seems hosed up. I enter my existing account credentials and nothing happens. I am unable to proceed to following steps, Billing Information, Review Payment. The page just sits there after I supplied my credential with no indications. Tried this with several browsers, but the results are the same.

I even got some email containing a verification code (two of then now, since I have tried checking out twice) but have no idea where to enter this.

Its a "new" security feature that makes you put in a verification code. Try logging out, log in, and when you log in, it should send you the code to "verify". After you enter that code when you log in, it should be normal time at PP and the checkout. Ill look at fixing that. It just popped up recently.

Fixed. It was a two user authentication code. It should just allow you to log in now. It's working fine that way on my end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back