A PC to run Mac OS.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher88

Puritan Board Sophomore
Question:
Can a PC running Windows Vista (Mid entry level PC, was top dog a few years ago) can it run a MAC OS. (The newest or last years version)

If so, how hard is it to set this up? (I have some PC knowledge but not great)

I have been using a Mac at church for sound set up and seen some of what it can do. I want to switch. I don't want to spend Apples million dollar price tag for a computer.

PCs can be hacked to run Mac OS X, but the legality is questionable because it violates the apple licensing agreement.

It is illegal to have a PC run OS X, you need to have a genuine Macintosh to legally run it.

It wasn't always illegal for a PC to run a Mac OS, as it was impossible. This changed when Apple decided to use Intel CPU's. Apple initially supported the Intel Atom Processor, until someone was able to install the Mac OS (the version before Snow Leopard) on a Netbook. After this came under Apple's attention they changed the EULA and with Snow Leopard as well as patches to the previous version of Mac OS took the support for the Atom Processor away. I suspect you now need to be a professional hacker to install a Mac OS on a PC. Except that it is illegal, it will cost you more to get the right hardware, as the Mac OS supports a limited amount of hardware. You'll have to go with trial and error which will probably be much more expensive than buying an Apple MAC.

Kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back